Amazon’s Premier League arrival comes with a hefty price tag for fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

So that's a reduction in service for SkySports subscribers with no pro-rata reduction in subscriptions. They're getting near touch and go to being binned. It's only the cricket that's left keeping me with them. I'll keep it in the piggy bank for later.

BT are sneaking into the cricket market too

Slowly but surely sky sports have started to lose sport over the years, Champions league, Spanish football, Australian Cricket coverage to name a few. If amazon wanted to they could blow sky and bt out of the water.

B
If I’m being honest for the price of next day delivery, prime TV and premier league football for £7.99 a month or whatever the yearly free is then I hope Amazon get the rights off Sky forever. Can’t see it being anything but a hit over the xmas period because most people will have prime for their xmas shopping already.
but it won’t stay at 7.99 it will go to 30/40 quid , Sentanta & ESPN was only a tenner a month but BT have come in and that’s gone up to 20/30 quid
When Sky first got the football I’m pretty sure sky sports was 15/20 a month now look at it
Until people make a stand then the prices will keep creeping up & up
But Us blokes need our football fix like a crack addict , it’s all we talk about on forums at work and in the pub , it’s linked to our super six leagues it’s linked to our fantasy football leagues we place bets on it
We even listen to talkshite
We are all hooked
They all know this we are to far deep now to get back to how it used to be

I'm not a usual prime subscriber, but i usually subscribe for a month in december for free christmas deliveries. This year i got 3 months for £11.99 which also includes the football. I'll cancel after the 3 months

I'm not a usual prime subscriber, but i usually subscribe for a month in december for free christmas deliveries. This year i got 3 months for £11.99 which also includes the football. I'll cancel after the 3 months
I did this as well. Loads of people will have. They'll make a decent wack off that and then even more off the people who are too lazy/forget to cancel.

Bet Amazon will think of away round that marra

Your second paragraph answers your first mate. Champs league viewing down because it’s locked up by one company in the uk at least, more it’s spread around the more ad revenues. It sucks like for us I’d prefer one sub for all but the way it will be for a while anyway.
IMHO the viewing figures will be down because of the exorbitant price tag of bBT sport. With itv the price was £0 with BT the price is around £35pm.
my reckoning for this is that that is the disparity in price between getting BT sport“free” with broadband and then paying the extra to get it HD, as oppose to just getting cheaper broadband like talk talk is £35ish.

i used to get BT sport for £10 per month which I was happy with as I like watching UFC, but now they keep buying more and more shit I have no interest in like the champions league and they keep putting the price up and I have no option but to pay for sport I don’t want if I still want access toUFC.

At least sky compartmentalise their sports so I don’t have to pay for golf or F1 if I don’t want to.

i say bring on Amazon and anyone else who give me the option to only pay for what I want.
Hope everyone is aware that Amazon's £7.99 price tag wont be staying like that.
Didn’t people say that about Netflix?

Last edited:
I think it will. Not all current prime subscribers will want or be interested in football. I think their current prime package will remain the same. If they do decide to continue with football it will be a separate package with additional price
Obviously Amazon have had to roll the football into an existing subscription while they dip their toes in the water rather than go balls deep and introduce a "Football Package. My point being, you wont get it for £7.99 once its mainstreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back