Am I obsessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when the mags get beat.

I often listen to their games when we are not playing hoping they get beat.

If second v third in the championship were playing I would be listening because I hate the mags!
If forth v fifth were playing I'd still listen because it still involves the mags.

Now I've mentioned I hate the mags too often so I'll just say...........FTM

I'd say yes. I'd also say you're no different to many of our supporters though. And it works both ways. I was once like that as a young un. This season half the time I don't even know when they are playing.

I've seen them at most 3 times and each time they've been utter shite. Seen them against Sheff Wed, Forest and Hull

Watch their next game then marra.

Last edited:

I like it when we beat them, although the novelty is wearing thin.

Other than that, couldn't care less.

If second v third in the championship were playing I would be listening because I hate the mags!
If forth v fifth were playing I'd still listen because it still involves the mags.

Nowt wrong with that mate. That's what they are there for.

Not obsessed at all. I never get why people are criticised or accused of being obsessed if they want our rivals to lose.
The game is really buggered if you aren't allowed to enjoy rivals failures, regardless of your own.
THIS.

I'll continue to be sad then.
Me and you both. I detest and despise them beyond description. I've been this way for as far back as I am able to remember. Releasing all my pent up contempt and frustration on them allows me to be a much better person with my friends and loved ones. The very thought of them losing a match fills me with joy. The unspeakable bastards.

Don't mind admitting I get nearly as much pleasure from the mags getting stuffed as I do from a sunderland win.
Love to go out when they have lost and see their miserable faces, its better than sex.
f***ing hate the bastards.
:lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with everything you wrote, it ruins my weekend when they win as much as when we lose. That's not being sad, its being truthful.
I really don't understand how any Sunderland fan can say they aren't bothered about them. They're our rivals, we're supposed to hate them.

Last edited:
Agree, Mags who don't go until Ashley is gone, Sunderland fans who don't go until Short is gone.
Tin hat but I don't support Short, or any specific manager, or player. I support Sunderland a club that will be there long after any owner, manager or player

You do have a canny thing for Borini though Janey

Either fishing or extremely sad individual, take your pick.

MODS - It really is time to have a Mags board like Parsnip, so we haven't got to put up with the 50 threads a day about them on here.

What a thread this is.

OP yes you are. It's also a bit disingenuous to intimate you got out of your way to listen to games involving them, and then imply a few posts later that you watch any and all games (although granted the game is of importance for our potential survival).

On top of that, people are saying they look out for the mags results and enjoy their losses. Of course, surely everyone does that. That's not what the OP is saying though. OP is saying they listen to their games. Listen to games that don't involve them but do influence their position. That's a bit different in my opinion.

Either fishing or extremely sad individual, take your pick.

MODS - It really is time to have a Mags board like Parsnip, so we haven't got to put up with the 50 threads a day about them on here.
Reading them isn't compulsory though mate. And I don't recall seeing fifty mag threads in a day.

Reactions: ATS
Regardless of our results, I love it when they lose. Especially as they are usually sure they are going to win. Obviously prefer a SAFC/ NUFC win win rather than lose lose, but I'm not scared to admit I love hating the bastards, it's great fun. Plus I've worked on sites for the last 10 years where it's been 90% black and white and I've never shirked away from taking flak off them pretty much every day. Even the top gaffers give me shit. Makes it sweeter

Is there any real Sunderland fans left?
Seems so many are afraid to be labelled as obsessed and certainly scared to be pro Sunderland.
The Mags deserve our ire. What anyone else says about this is moot.
Love Safc, hate Nufc, it's perfectly natural. How you go about displaying that is individual. But the rush on here to abuse fellow Safc fans stinks to high heaven.
And ''objectivity''...the dopium of the mas(turbaters)

Reading them isn't compulsory though mate. And I don't recall seeing fifty mag threads in a day.

No it isn't, but at the minute there is at least 5 mag threads on the front page, thats not far off normal and probably more posts per day than a mags forum or 2.

The whole point of football is the rivalries and competition.

People who claim they're interested in Sunderland's results and no one else's are lying.

We come into contact with supporters of many clubs, in real life, and the banter is all part of it ...... we naturally bump into quite a few Mags hence the increased interest.
Well I generally don't lie but aye I often say that I only care about my clubs results. If the skunks lose that always makes for a better weekend but I never bother to watch their matches (but do check their results). Us winning cannot be matched by anything our local rival does mind.

Generations after generations of rivalry between us, generations to come. I barely give them a second thought during the week, but it's great when they get beat. Why some think it's fashionable to play the rivalry down and this social media "obsessed" stuff is just bollocks. I want safc to win first and foremost, then them fuckers to get beat. It's the way it is, was and should be. My dad taught me from young that they're the other team that you don't support or want them to win. I'm the same with my 5 year old son and he knows 100% he supports safc and Newcastle are our rival. Nothing to much or hatred, he's only 5, but he knows we want them to get beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back