Am I obsessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when the mags get beat.

I often listen to their games when we are not playing hoping they get beat.

If second v third in the championship were playing I would be listening because I hate the mags!
If forth v fifth were playing I'd still listen because it still involves the mags.

Now I've mentioned I hate the mags too often so I'll just say...........FTM

If second v third in the championship were playing I would be listening because I hate the mags!
If forth v fifth were playing I'd still listen because it still involves the mags.

Agree with the sentiment but wouldn't waste me time on the championship

Not obsessed at all. I never get why people are criticised or accused of being obsessed if they want our rivals to lose.
The game is really buggered if you aren't allowed to enjoy rivals failures, regardless of your own.

The whole point of football is the rivalries and competition.

People who claim they're interested in Sunderland's results and no one else's are lying.

We come into contact with supporters of many clubs, in real life, and the banter is all part of it ...... we naturally bump into quite a few Mags hence the increased interest.

I'm kind of the same. I'd never listen to a game (although i wouldnt listen to a Sunderland one either) but they've been on TV 12 times i think this season and i must have watched 10 of them and i will also watch the games featuring their rivals, although i am just a huge football fan in general so will watch most games in the top 2 tiers.

You're sad as fuck. I genuinely couldn't give a shit about them unless we're playing them.

Nice to read about your normal habits.
Now whats this obsession you're worried about?

I'm kind of the same. I'd never listen to a game (although i wouldnt listen to a Sunderland one either) but they've been on TV 12 times i think this season and i must have watched 10 of them and i will also watch the games featuring their rivals, although i am just a huge football fan in general so will watch most games in the top 2 tiers.
I've seen them at most 3 times and each time they've been utter shite. Seen them against Sheff Wed, Forest and Hull

Not obsessed at all. I never get why people are criticised or accused of being obsessed if they want our rivals to lose.
The game is really buggered if you aren't allowed to enjoy rivals failures, regardless of your own.
I'm all for rivalry, but in my experience, the ones who really go overboard with the whole thing are generally the ones who don't actually go to games in the first place. Genuine Mag season ticket holders I've met or worked with scarcely bother engaging in this kind of 'banter,' whereas similar with Sunderland 'fans' the ones who don't go to matches never shut the fuck up about it. The older I get the more tedious and tragic I tend to find it, other than as I said before when we're actually playing them. It's getting more and more of a chore to watch our own games, nevermind taking an unhealthy interest in some Championship side just for the sake of them f***ing losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back