Altidore

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's just scored in the 72nd minute of the semifinal against Costa Rica. Got the ball behind the defense off a through ball from Dempsey, slotted it under the keeper with his second touch. And I swear, I yelled as he broke free, "Don't screw it up, Jozy!"

He's just scored in the 72nd minute of the semifinal against Costa Rica. Got the ball behind the defense off a through ball from Dempsey, slotted it under the keeper with his second touch. And I swear, I yelled as he broke free, "Don't screw it up, Jozy!"
The celebration was a bit much

Good goal. Happy for the lad.

Dempsey's free kick was another level tho'.

I mean he's pretty good for the US isn't he? He doesn't screw up for them like he did with us. Anyways, he scored against Costa Rica the same defense England couldn't score against in the WC. Time to bring him home again.

Last edited:
I mean he's pretty good for the US isn't he? He doesn't screw up for them like he did with us. Anyways, he scored against Costa Rica the same defense England couldn't score against in the WC. Time to bring him home again.

The MLS make jozy look like jimmy greaves

The premier league made him look like jozy

It was his 38th international goal. Sure, a lot of them against weak sides, but he has his moments. He'd of missed an opportunity in the first half, slightly too heavy a touch took him to a bad angle and he cut the ball back when if he'd done things right he could have shot.

Not quite the same Costa Rican defense, missing a couple guys. They do have a beast of a center back, Kendall Waston, 6-foot-5, about 14 stone. Plays in Vancouver, almost makes Jozy look small. Would be decent in the Championship, I think - wins everything in the air, but a bit suspect when people are running at him.

I don't think I'll will ever hate a Sunderland player more.

The useless ****

I don't hate him. We managed to stay up in spite of him and he was so bad it was often pretty funny. Remember the pygmy hippo stepovers for the penna or the self nutmeg in that Norwich match?
Plus he seemed a nice enough bloke and we swapped him for Defoe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back