Altidore

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you watch the goals from his AZ time you can tell why he would never cut it at Premier League level. His shots were all at or around the keeper and due to goalkeeping ineptitude the goals went in. When he would beat a defender the ball would often ricochet between them and he would come away with it, which a better defender would not let happen.

Poorly scouted. Seems like a top bloke, though. Decent business swapping him for Defoe.

How has he become such a huge name in the States? Was he brilliant earlier in his career? Has he been amazing at International level for them? Has he been good everywhere bar here?

Genuinely bemused as he was one of the worst footballers I've seen for us, and I've been following for over 30 years. I've seen a lot of shite :lol:

I liked him more than I did fletcher/graham/scocco- he still contributed to some good times that season and was more of a nuisance than others, but his early spell where he hit the post a few times and had that goal infuriatingly ruled out for nothing against arsenal killed his confidence and it became obvious he was never going to do it here.

N doye(always played left wing!) and big vic(never fit) were a waste of time too.
Staggering how little we have tried to get a big pacey targetman in for so long, defoe could have done even better- it didn't help the team having him so isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back