Allocated pubs

What does it mean in practice? I'm in there on Sunday with two sons - there aren't any restrictions like not wearing club colours are there? (I bought them through the club ticketmaster system not through 'Club Wembley').
You can wear colours. We entered next to the Bobby Moore statue, went up some escalators and theres some bars and restaurants that you can go in. They're separate to the actual concourse.

we took over 2 of pompy's allocated pubs last time we were down there. most of us were just drinking cans on wembey way. that said get ya drink before you get off the train as the shops were charging £12 for 4 cans of stella
Which Pompey pubs did we "take over"? was it a la Mags, and a couple sneaked in, jackets zipped up and said nowt when inside, or "take over" like we did at Trafalgar Square?

Bouncer let me in as long as I gave him one of the Chicken Tikka slices
Never heard it called that before mind ;)

We ended up leaving the fan zone and going into the Wembley Hilton for a beer. They let anyone in who had a valid match ticket and was good atmosphere in there apart from
£6 a pint
I was in the Bath Hilton a couple of months back. A pint of lager and a G&T cost me £18 :lol:

Last edited:
Globe was alright later on, but expensive as fuck. Hoping to give that place a miss this time

The Globe has always been one of the most expensive pubs around. There are a few backstreet boozers around Baker St which are usually pretty good but I don't know how football-friendly they are as I've never been on match days. Personally, I'd rather go back to Kings Cross where there is more choice

Back