Allocated pubs

In the 200s so will have the club Wembley access under the stands for this one.

Think I'll just go straight in and drink. Was cheaper under the stands than in the Wembley tavern where it was £6 a pint !
I’m in block 225, does that mean I get access to club Wembley bars? I just thought I got a better view

Do the incoming coaches get searched? Was gonna bring a fair stash of cans down with me but don’t fancy having to bin them or get them confiscated?

One on Wembley High Road (the Moon and summat or other). I think they might ask to look at tickets though. There was bouncers on the door for the South Shields game. Bouncer let me in as long as I gave him one of the Chicken Tikka slices I'd just bought in Sainsbury's down the road.

Wetherspoons in touristy areas in central London are not that cheap mind.
Moon on the Hill in Harrow on the Hill, 3 stops from Wembley, charging £1.99 for a pint of John Smith's prior to the Checkatrade final. Filled me boots. Been there last 2 times we've been to Wembley , spot on.

My hotel is near Trafalgar Square, so I'm thinking my best bet is drink in the centre then get tube straight to Wembley, have a last pint or two in the ground, just imagine all the pubs we're given on the way to Wembley will be packed

Just go into Sainsbury’s , just before the ramp, get some cans stand outside with the other 20,000 odd, one problem no pissers, would’ve thought the authority’s would have plenty off them on Wembley way.

The toilet situation was terrible.

Were any of the pubs we got allocated last time any good, likes of the Torch etc? We drank round Baker Street and it was canny with a decent atmosphere but we don’t know if we fancy a change. We might even do both, so one less around Baker Street then instead of tube to Wembley Park and then straight to ground, having a pint in one of our allocated pubs then go to the ground - it wasn’t good for the old bladder going straight from Baker Street to the ground with that tube ride.

The torch had reduced capacity for the tin pot final, we didn't bother trying to get in because the queue was horrendous.

Last edited:
My hotel is near Trafalgar Square, so I'm thinking my best bet is drink in the centre then get tube straight to Wembley, have a last pint or two in the ground, just imagine all the pubs we're given on the way to Wembley will be packed

That's my usual plan for Wembley. All of the pubs within walking distance of the stadium are rubbish anyway.

If you are near Trafalgar Sq then the Spoons on Whitehall opens at 8:00 on a Sunday.

For the Checkatrade I was stopping near Liverpool St so I had a few there before moving onto the Rocket at Euston and then to the ground. This time I'm near Borough Market but haven't decided on a routing yet.

Do the incoming coaches get searched? Was gonna bring a fair stash of cans down with me but don’t fancy having to bin them or get them confiscated?

It’s unlikely, but it’s a bit of a twats trick. If the police do search the coach, the driver can lose his licence.

A few years back I know one driver got a £1000 fine for having cans on the bus

That's my usual plan for Wembley. All of the pubs within walking distance of the stadium are rubbish anyway.

If you are near Trafalgar Sq then the Spoons on Whitehall opens at 8:00 on a Sunday.

For the Checkatrade I was stopping near Liverpool St so I had a few there before moving onto the Rocket at Euston and then to the ground. This time I'm near Borough Market but haven't decided on a routing yet.

We stayed in Southwark for Checkatrade. Tube from Waterloo to Baker Street, into the globe. Few beers. We picked up a box of Cans from the Sainsbury Local round the corner, back on to the tube and straight to Wembley. We drank them on Wembley way and into the ground.

We stayed in Southwark for Checkatrade. Tube from Waterloo to Baker Street, into the globe. Few beers. We picked up a box of Cans from the Sainsbury Local round the corner, back on to the tube and straight to Wembley. We drank them on Wembley way and into the ground.

I was thinking that it might be better to get the train from Marylebone to void using Wembley Park and Wembley Way but on the other hand the Tube is much more frequent than the trains. Probably six and two threes so I'll just play it by ear on the day.

I was thinking that it might be better to get the train from Marylebone to void using Wembley Park and Wembley Way but on the other hand the Tube is much more frequent than the trains. Probably six and two threes so I'll just play it by ear on the day.

Only 8 minutes on the train. Time your arrival at the station for when it leaves. Think there's one every half hour.

We were in that blue check, was alright to be honest
We were across the road, The Parish I think. It looked closed but there was a guy on the door ushering people up an alley way, through a “beer garden” and round into the bar. A sort of one way system. Nice pint of Guinness.

The problem with our pubs is that they mostly seem small so they get rammed and then you are waiting ages to get served.

Back