All this shit about managers not being good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the three year figure simply as that is the period of parachute payments. After then it becomes increasingly difficult and stacked in the favour of recently relegated sides.
Wasn't having a pop, I actually think three years building could do us a favour if we get back up. There is of course a chance that we could find some young talent to balance out out better experienced players (Catts) and get up in a year or two.

So will I marra - home and away - but this relegation came far too easily. There are players there who refused to play for the club. There were others who when they did play put minimum effort in and there was those who cared but were just not good enough. An attractive situation for prospective suitors.:lol:

Anyway we've got 10 weeks to get the whole thing turned around!
Make that seven. Ellis and Co. will piss about for a bit. No real urgency is there?

Make that seven. Ellis and Co. will piss about for a bit. No real urgency is there?
Not sure where seven years comes into it. We were discussing a three year absence and using the parachute money. No real urgency for me as I will watch 2nd flight footy (or lower) with the occasion PL trip in cup games. The only urgency for me is to see my team competitive:cool:

I'm convinced it's that 8 JLB fella.
He has been on for a while when Royal8ter was still here. Don't think its him.
I think mods should put up a list saying whose banned and for how long. Public listing might inhibit some of the worst offending fron the likes of Des.

To be fair, I remember a lot of folk complaining when we got BSA in. Nobody comes with a guarantee no matter what Sky like to spout.

I'd like someone who really wants to create something, of themselves, and our club!
I ll get behind any manager who comes in and shows he has a plan.

I'm not arsed about getting straight back up simply to endure another 4-5 yrs of survival whilst paying a bunch of tossers well over the odds. If we're going back up we need to be competitive.

Our best finishes in the PL, under a Reid, came after a few years of getting a squad together, which also included a relegation. It doesn't necessarily have to take three years, but I'd prefer to see someone come in with a clear vision of how we will be competitive should we get promoted. Given our financial situation, it is pointless trying to buy promotion by signing a lot of players who won't be able to cut it if we get promoted, as we'd be stuck in the same situation with players on our books who other clubs either don't want, or can't afford.

If i can see a manager investing in quality youth, and building a team over a couple of years that will be competitive with the acquisition of a couple of proven quality PL players when promoted, then I'd be over the moon.
Your last paragraph is like you have plucked a thought from my mind.

Not sure where seven years comes into it. We were discussing a three year absence and using the parachute money. No real urgency for me as I will watch 2nd flight footy (or lower) with the occasion PL trip in cup games. The only urgency for me is to see my team competitive:cool:
Was quoting the reference to sorting it all out in ten weeks mate.

It doesnt matter who we have as manager it won't make any difference here. It's not any managers we've had in last 6 years fault we are where we are, it's the chairman and his terrible running of this club.

I have no idea what your issue is about, but you seem to think that getting Stokoe as a manager because of his previous record was common sense, I suggest you have none
:lol: What a gonk.

He did well everywhere he went and was charged with keeping us in the Second Division, a league he had plenty of experience in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back