All this shit about managers not being good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, good reply.
Sick of seeing managers and players just happy to pick up the money and give little else

Also can someone find a couple of decent players, imagine someone like Alex Rae in a side, fuck me, our midfield is beyond shit
One thing I loved about the "little rhaggy ghaggy" was when he played reserve team football (getting fit/dropped) he had a great attitude, best player on the park, helping the young'uns, looking g like a senior pro.

Could you imagine the reaction now, getting a manager from Blackpool, former mag and done nothing as a manager?

Its a different game now, but we need to give whoever it is a chance.

Looking on the bright side, he cant be any worse than Mc Gingershit
Even with Moyes long gone, still starting threads calling for him to be gone.

Ob

Sessed.

This is why whoever is chosen will most likely be dismissed by the majority on here. We have to face facts in that we are skint, there will be no huge name coming here and even if we signed a decent manager, he's got a right pigs ear of a squad to sort out.

Anyone expecting an immediate return to the Prem are more optimistic than me. Three seasons at the earliest.
I'm not arsed about getting straight back up simply to endure another 4-5 yrs of survival whilst paying a bunch of tossers well over the odds. If we're going back up we need to be competitive.

Our best finishes in the PL, under a Reid, came after a few years of getting a squad together, which also included a relegation. It doesn't necessarily have to take three years, but I'd prefer to see someone come in with a clear vision of how we will be competitive should we get promoted. Given our financial situation, it is pointless trying to buy promotion by signing a lot of players who won't be able to cut it if we get promoted, as we'd be stuck in the same situation with players on our books who other clubs either don't want, or can't afford.

If i can see a manager investing in quality youth, and building a team over a couple of years that will be competitive with the acquisition of a couple of proven quality PL players when promoted, then I'd be over the moon.

He'd done well before coming here. Blackpool were then a "top flight" club that had been relegated. He cleared the decks and had them in the running for promotion before coming here. He'd also done well at Carlisle before that.

He had won nothing then?

One thing I loved about the "little rhaggy ghaggy" was when he played reserve team football (getting fit/dropped) he had a great attitude, best player on the park, helping the young'uns, looking g like a senior pro.

I know he had problems off the field, but I cannot remember him giving less than 100%, cant say the same about some of the squad today

He had won nothing then?

I know he had problems off the field, but I cannot remember him giving less than 100%, cant say the same about some of the squad today
Few managers in the grand scheme of things win trophies, nevermind in their first couple of jobs. Do yasell a favour and read Stokoe, Sunderland and 1973 before belittling his early managerial career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back