All this shit about managers not being good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree with the 1st bit apart from highlighted.

No reason why we can't cobble together a decent enough squad to get us back up in the next year or 2 max...

We will still be a draw to players due to our magnificent support, the SOL & AOL...
We are seeing this less and less. It's common knowledge we will not be paying top dollar and I'm sure the footballing grapevine will not be holding us in the esteemed position of previous years.

While I wouldn't go as far as expecting a double drop, I'm expecting a struggle at times purely as we seem to have no direction and that's before any new team is bedded in. I obviously hope I'm wrong and will travel with the usual optimism and enthusiasm come August;):cool:

This is why whoever is chosen will most likely be dismissed by the majority on here. We have to face facts in that we are skint, there will be no huge name coming here and even if we signed a decent manager, he's got a right pigs ear of a squad to sort out.

Anyone expecting an immediate return to the Prem are more optimistic than me. Three seasons at the earliest.
two max

looking at this seasons top six, is like looking at a safc squad from six years back

numerous ex safc players scoring plenty and playing well

it won't take much to get on a roll again

I think a lot of people are trying hard to be optimistic and understandably so.

However, I don't think they are factoring in properly the absolute shambles Moyes has left us in.

I'd certainly settle for mid table now no matter who is in charge.

I can feel a sportsman's bet coming on here ;)
I'm going to be a £100 down if Alistair cook scores four more hundreds in tests

I'm backing safc next season, not out of heart but the belief that we shall be top six minimum

for you, I may stretch to a ten Bob bet :lol:

Get the right man and with the crowd right behind a team of younguns and a few older players like catts and I can see us at least making the play-offs. :cool:
Doing so well until Catts

I'm going to be a £100 down if Alistair cook scores four more hundreds in tests

I'm backing safc next season, not out of heart but the belief that we shall be top six minimum

for you, I may stretch to a ten Bob bet :lol:
Ten bob??? Haway Steve, I was thinking coins and you're hoying a note in :lol::lol:

Could you imagine the reaction now, getting a manager from Blackpool, former mag and done nothing as a manager?

Its a different game now, but we need to give whoever it is a chance.

Looking on the bright side, he cant be any worse than Mc Gingershit
He'd done well before coming here. Blackpool were then a "top flight" club that had been relegated. He cleared the decks and had them in the running for promotion before coming here. He'd also done well at Carlisle before that.

This is why whoever is chosen will most likely be dismissed by the majority on here. We have to face facts in that we are skint, there will be no huge name coming here and even if we signed a decent manager, he's got a right pigs ear of a squad to sort out.

Anyone expecting an immediate return to the Prem are more optimistic than me. Three seasons at the earliest.
This is the reason why we've been shite for so long, people down play the club left right and centre don't need others to shit on safc as our own fans do it way better. Comparing our attitude to other fans it's staggering how much we say how shite everything about the club is. We accept shite nah we roll about in it happy as fuck, I'd get the feeling a lot of our fans couldn't handle the club fulfilling its potential as they reveal in us being shite.

Fuck me, the way some people are going on at the minute you would think we are going to be paying less than Sheelz for players and managers.

We will still be big hitters in that league, and there are not many clubs in that league are a better prospect than us, even with Short still in charge.

I whole heartedly agree, sadly. A tried and tested manager might get us back after a season or two but would continue to attract the same shithouse players, agents and associated attitudes. So no change in the long run . An up an coming manager wouldn't have the immediate respect of the shithouses left in the squad but could attract some hungry talent. Again, 2-3 seasons if we're/he's lucky. The reality is we need much more than just a new manager. Regardless of who arrives we're still stuck with too many inadequate players, and a badly run club. Having said all that, haway the lads and I'll be there come what may

Fuck me, the way some people are going on at the minute you would think we are going to be paying less than Sheelz for players and managers.

We will still be big hitters in that league, and there are not many clubs in that league are a better prospect than us, even with Short still in charge.
120 point season nee bother bring it on ;):):cool:

I whole heartedly agree, sadly. A tried and tested manager might get us back after a season or two but would continue to attract the same shithouse players, agents and associated attitudes. So no change in the long run . An up an coming manager wouldn't have the immediate respect of the shithouses left in the squad but could attract some hungry talent. Again, 2-3 seasons if we're/he's lucky. The reality is we need much more than just a new manager. Regardless of who arrives we're still stuck with too many inadequate players, and a badly run club. Having said all that, haway the lads and I'll be there come what may
So will I marra - home and away - but this relegation came far too easily. There are players there who refused to play for the club. There were others who when they did play put minimum effort in and there was those who cared but were just not good enough. An attractive situation for prospective suitors.:lol:

Anyway we've got 10 weeks to get the whole thing turned around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back