All OK tonight lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be alone, but I really can't see that we played badly. We were a match for Charlton and would have had a decent chance of winning in extra time. It was a tight game and we were unlucky, in the end.

You're not alone, mate. SAFC were the better team, much improved from the two Portsmouth matches, but just nothing at all upfront. We'd have been better off not playing Wyke and having another midfielder on the pitch. 'Like playing with 10 men.

Reactions: Boo

The ref booked 4 of ours nen of theirs was clearly biased but we deserved to lose we were absolutely shite..

Yes, honestly. But I can only think that I got it wrong, given the weight of opinion. I think that they had the more creative players, potentially, but I really felt that we held our own in the second half. From my seat, we had every chance of winning, as did they.
We fuckin blew it, gifted a goal and created fuck all. I’m not one for blaming the manager, but he got it totally wrong today.

Think this might be me to be honest.

Was there in '98. Awful day but we knew we were on the up.

Couldn't bring myself to get a ticket today because frankly the outcome seemed a formality, Charlton are better than us and we don't tend to win against the odds.

Been dreading today all week, but actually not felt too affected by the eventual outcome. Almost relief, since I'd not want to see today's team play decent opponents.

But aye, rant ower, realised I've only really been hsppy a couple of times really, life-wise, and when I've been truly happy I've not been arsed when SAFC are playing.

I was arsed about today, mind. But still, after all this, they just didn't turn up. Still got a team of bottling nowts.

Done. Sad about it but done.

It’s humiliating. I’m really gutted. Just got back in the house after driving home and I’m just about to get stuck into some cans to numb the pain.

Couldn't bring myself to get a ticket today because frankly the outcome seemed a formality, Charlton are better than us and we don't tend to win against the odds.

Been dreading today all week, but actually not felt too affected by the eventual outcome. Almost relief, since I'd not want to see today's team play decent opponents.

But aye, rant ower, realised I've only really been hsppy a couple of times really, life-wise, and when I've been truly happy I've not been arsed when SAFC are playing.

I was arsed about today, mind. But still, after all this, they just didn't turn up. Still got a team of bottling nowts.

Logon or register to see this image

Cheers like. Think I'm going to stick around for the nostalgia tonight (this is an alt already) but for me mental health really think this needs to be it, I can't be having my emotions hit negatively so often. I need out. Will always love the place, city, people, but I need away from caring how this f***ing team do.

Look at that beautiful big blue sky tomorrow when you wake up. It's a gift, marra.

Just got back. I apologised to my son on the way home for getting him to support Sunderland, but he said “well we could support a team who’s never won anything or even been in the league”.
Made me feel a bit better!
On the game, we were gifted a lead but to be honest we just didn’t play today, 2 games at Wembley this season and we’ve played 1 decent half of football.
I said Taylor would be the difference between the teams today and I think he was the best player on the pitch.
We need some pace, power and physicallity in the team which we don’t have atm.
Really down tonight but I will be there again come August.
Ha’way the lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back