No chance

Cook better test batsman easy. No contest

Cook’s record in ODIs is excellent

Another lazy assumption by you

Why comparing?

Imagine if Pietersen had opened, he’d have been awful

Also againt tonight KP’s PR machine Piers Morgan making a fool of himself

So deluded

Cook will the greatest send off of any English cricketer ever this weekend, I honestly reckon Pietersen would be booed

Idiots
Well if Cook has an excellent ODI record what does that make KPs?

Also KP adapted to 20/20 which cook wouldn’t even be allowed to carry the drinks for.

Two different players really and were both neck and neck in terms of numbers when KP had his legs took away but given Cook carried on you have to give him the nod in test terms.

Across all formats KP all day.

Couldn’t care less about send offs and popularity I’m taking purely on cricketing merits.

Well if Cook has an excellent ODI record what does that make KPs?

Also KP adapted to 20/20 which cook wouldn’t even be allowed to carry the drinks for.

Two different players really and were both neck and neck in terms of numbers when KP had his legs took away but given Cook carried on you have to give him the nod in test terms.

Across all formats KP all day.

Couldn’t care less about send offs and popularity I’m taking purely on cricketing merits.
This.

What was the bet again?
£100 cook would not make more than 34 X 100s.

Currently on 32, so it came as a complete surprise his retirement as I felt he was mailed on for a couple v Sri Lanka and the windies in the winter.

I've had it put aside for two years :lol:

Going to announce his retirement today
A real shame and I'm being honest about this, before anyone starts.

Out bet was for over 34 tons which at the time, cook looked nowhere near capable of achieving that, as it's only the likes of tendulkar who have reached this figure.

However he has been truly superb and for me it was a nailed on certainty but for him choosing to call it a day.

Cheque?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very kind gesture. White fivers and thruppeny bits please

A total shock his retirement, I was convinced it would be post ashes next summer.

No doubt the greatest run scorer in England's test match history

I'm omnipresent.

Just one provision SC.......if for whatever reason Cook comes back out of retirement ie, in an injury crisis, and somehow manages to get 35 test 100s as unlikely as that is....the bet still stands (ie.....you would owe me £200)

Just one provision SC.......if for whatever reason Cook comes back out of retirement ie, in an injury crisis, and somehow manages to get 35 test 100s as unlikely as that is....the bet still stands (ie.....you would owe me £200)
Fair deal that. I think that could happen with his three year deal for Essex

I've tried sending you a pm @essex boy but it states I'm not able to send one to you, for some reason.

Could you pm me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good article in the Telegraph this morning. This is the opening sentence "Why can’t England bat? We know their all-rounders can, and even their bowlers can, so why can’t their batsmen?"

As you might suppose the blame is being put on first class cricket being played at the start and end of the seasons when the conditions do not suit batting.

Back