Aircraft fire Haneda (Tokyo)

Looks like pilot error by the Coast Guard Captain according to the highlighted bit halfway down.

One thing is for sure, the pilot of the A350, who has been preparing to land for 20 minutes isn't at fault. Which leaves us with a comms fail, ATC fail or pilot error from the CG and I find that highly unlikely as he was the captain and would not erencroach on the runway, knowing it's a busy one.

One thing is for sure, the pilot of the A350, who has been preparing to land for 20 minutes isn't at fault. Which leaves us with a comms fail, ATC fail or pilot error from the CG and I find that highly unlikely as he was the captain and would not erencroach on the runway, knowing it's a busy one.
did your wife run off with an Air traffic controller? you seem hell bent on blaming them. Truth is you have no idea why he was on the runway, as the rest of us. That will only come out in the investigation.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but you seem so sure about it I'm wondering if you are an Air accident investigator?

I agree the a350 pilot looks to have landed normally and theres no signs they were in the wrong, however there are also no signs that the ATC made a mistake, yet.

Apologies for appearing rude, but are you a child ? A couple of pages back you were telling us it was definitely a ATC error and that he'd be committing suicide.

Now apparently it's a Comms fail, ATC error or pilot error.

Assuming you aren't a child and have to work like most of us, I hope you don't apply the same thought process you've displayed on this thread in your job.... especially not if you work in a nuclear power station.

Apologies for appearing rude, but are you a child ? A couple of pages back you were telling us it was definitely a ATC error and that he'd be committing suicide.

Now apparently it's a Comms fail, ATC error or pilot error.

Assuming you aren't a child and have to work like most of us, I hope you don't apply the same thought process you've displayed on this thread in your job.... especially not if you work in a nuclear power station.
meh

I flew JAL into and out of Haneda on the way here for XMAS. I'm flying back in and out of there in a couple of weeks time as well.

Not having a good few days is Japan

1st January Earthquake
2nd January Plane Fire
3rd January Stabbings in Tokyo

On the other hand:

1) Massive earthquake, fewer (so far) than 100 people killed.
2) Airliner involved in a catastrophic collision - nobody on board killed or seriously injured, and only five deaths in total.
3) Nutter goes berserk on an underground train, stabs four people. All (so far) have survived.

Bad luck, or remarkably good luck?

Back