Aircraft fire Haneda (Tokyo)

What kind of idiot thinks that they are in a plane about to crash and that the best idea is to get their phone out to record events?

It's amazing how different human beings react in a scenario like this.

Ultimately, an incredible effort by all the crew on the JAL plane to get everyone off in less than 15 minutes, keeping their cool (and all the passengers who would have ranged in age and state of panic/fear) is an incredible achievement.

Very sad news for the coastguard plane though.

I know Haneda well and fly JAL a lot, which as an airline, and the crew, are incredibly precise and professional, true to the stereotypes.

A full Airbus has smacked into another plane at little less than touchdown speed, and come out of it with a staved-in nose cone, a torn off landing gear and zero fatalities on that aircraft. This is nothing short of incredible.

Last edited:
What kind of idiot thinks that they are in a plane about to crash and that the best idea is to get their phone out to record events?

I assume they were recording the landing (like many people do) and just left it running once the incident occurred.

I know Haneda well and fly JAL a lot, which as an airline, and the crew, are incredibly precise and professional, true to the stereotypes.

A full Airbus has smacked into another plane at little less than touchdown speed, and come out of it with a staved-in nose cone, a torn off landing gear and zero fatalities on that aircraft. This is nothing short of incredible.
Planes are made of biscuits basically. Slightest hit and it's a complete shitshow. 5 dead, soon to be 6 in the coast guard plane, what would that have been? Prop plane?

Did the collision take out the A350 landing gear?

Terrible anyway, all of it and the ATC staff member who created it will suicide. I can't see this being anything other than an ATC failure

Planes are made of biscuits basically. Slightest hit and it's a complete shitshow. 5 dead, soon to be 6 in the coast guard plane, what would that have been? Prop plane?

Did the collision take out the A350 landing gear?

Terrible anyway, all of it and the ATC staff member who created it will suicide. I can't see this being anything other than an ATC failure
plenty of runway incursions aren't caused by ATC. Planes are not made of biscuits, its because they tend to be doing speed when they hit something. The A350 in this case, doing around 125-150 knots hit another plane and stayed almost completely structurally sound.

What's your source on the coastguard pilots health condition??

Back