Ainsworth positives

RR are all over telling us how great he is. As the club's preferred media partner I'd be amazed if he wasn't their first choice.
"Preferred media partner" - they might think they are, and they DID get a bit of inside info at the start of last season but they know as much as we do.
They released a podcast last month telling us all the takeover had happened FFS

The best thing about him is that he’s a ‘managerial 6-pointer’, in that appointing him theoretically improves our chances of automatic promotion - and simultaneously reduces theirs.

There’s no coincidence that SD is looking to destabilise one of the teams currently occupying the automatic promotion places we covet.

The best thing about him is that he’s a ‘managerial 6-pointer’, in that appointing him theoretically improves our chances of automatic promotion - and simultaneously reduces theirs.

There’s no coincidence that SD is looking to destabilise one of the teams currently occupying the automatic promotion places we covet.
Well that's a 6-0 loss the next time we play them. Next game isn't it?

Probably my first choice out of a bad list but I understand where we currently are as a club.

We need someone with a bit of shit housery nouce in this league....Ross was a nice guy but a bit neive when we came up against the likes of Bartons Fleetwood etc.

ive never watched wycombe unless we have played them. which i cant remember so i cant comment.. but anybody has to be an improvement on ross..
I remember them up here last season. They looked good and very organised. Passed it around better than us. Drew 1-1.

Might just be down to Jack Ross being a tool though.

You are judging him for about 10 games this season, shall we forget that they only stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season?

Should we judge him from last season like? What is people's obsessing with judging from past times on this board? I look at what he's doing now, and he's doing a grand old job, of having Wycombe wanderers second in league one, while the mighty Sunderland cling onto 6th spot.
think he has 40 per cent win rate

Managing a team like Wycombe?! Even more impressive than I thought. Imagine giving Ainsworth 5 million to spend like we did Ross? He knows what it takes in the league. 5 mil should of literally bought us the league.

Last edited:
He has Wycombe in second place for a start. Hes worked on a shoe string budget. They dont have a 4m striker in there ranks either.
After 11 games. Playing “results only” football.
He has a decent managerial record. Not a stellar one. Ross’s was better.

Back