Ainsworth positives

no it isn't

He's the bookmakers "favourite" because people have lumped on since Wycombe leaked to the press that we've approached them to speak to him. The "next manager" market is famously volatile due to the very nature of the fact it lacks probability and bookies are terrified of losing money someone "in the know"
The fact Robins has turned us down (or Coventry turned down the approach) proves that Ainsworth isn't our only target. it's widely known we have approached 5 clubs, Wycombe are just one of them.
Coincidently barnsy on total sport mentioned that tony davidson is best mates with ainsworth!

Should we judge him from last season like? What is people's obsessing with judging from past times on this board? I look at what he's doing now, and he's doing a grand old job, of having Wycombe wanderers second in league one, while the mighty Sunderland cling onto 6th spot.

The thing is when you judge a Manager over a short space of time you don’t get a true outlook.
Like Paul Hurst when he was at Shrewsbury, rated a top young Manager, people wanted him for Sunderland then. He went to Ipswich and is currently at Scunthorpe. In the Division 2 relegation places currently.
He has Wycombe in second place for a start. Hes worked on a shoe string budget. They dont have a 4m striker in there ranks either.

Some Managers are best suited to smaller teams this myth that they manage with a shoe string budget so they will do better with a big budget has no proof.... give me one example?

Last edited:
Should we judge him from last season like? What is people's obsessing with judging from past times on this board? I look at what he's doing now, and he's doing a grand old job, of having Wycombe wanderers second in league one, while the mighty Sunderland cling onto 6th spot.

Managing a team like Wycombe?! Even more impressive than I thought. Imagine giving Ainsworth 5 million to spend like we did Ross? He knows what it takes in the league. 5 mil should of literally bought us the league.
They're 4 points ahead of us having played a game more.
They've also had 7 home games to our 5.

Definitely worth a managerial change.

And it's "should have".

And it's "should have".
If you review their results this season there's very little that stand out as being particularly impressive. They beat Portsmouth but it was in the midst of Portsmouth's poor form and they consistently give the 'bigger' teams a bloody nose at their ground, I think mainly due to Ainsworth using the underdog status to motivate his team - he obviously won't be able to do that here.

If you review their results this season there's very little that stand out as being particularly impressive. They beat Portsmouth but it was in the midst of Portsmouth's poor form and they consistently give the 'bigger' teams a bloody nose at their ground, I think mainly due to Ainsworth using the underdog status to motivate his team - he obviously won't be able to do that here.
Might work well in the championship that type of thinking if we got ourselves promoted.

For those that are citing Ainsworth's results this season alone as reason to want him here - Wimbledon managed pretty much the same points tally from the same number of games during a run last season. The reason it was less noticed is that they were sitting adrift rock bottom of the table halfway through the season when it started. In fact it was probably a more impressive run as it included games against Charlton and Luton. It also included a win at Ainsworth's Wycombe. Would the same posters have wanted the Wimbledon manager being appointed in the summer?

Too right mate, i'd advise you to leave Ainsworth where he is.. and we'll hopefully continue to not do anything particularly impressive :)

For those that are citing Ainsworth's results this season alone as reason to want him here - Wimbledon managed pretty much the same points tally from the same number of games during a run last season. The reason it was less noticed is that they were sitting adrift rock bottom of the table halfway through the season when it started. In fact it was probably a more impressive run as it included games against Charlton and Luton. It also included a win at Ainsworth's Wycombe. Would the same posters have wanted the Wimbledon manager being appointed in the summer?
I like him and his character but there's no doubting it would be a gamble. I'm loathe to go down the usual well trodden path with journeyman managers tho and there's very few stand out candidates otherwise. I'd probs go for Ainsworth or Stendel but then I know very little about any of the other candidates tbh.

And it's "should have".

And even if we win that game in hand they will still be outperforming us on wins, goals scored, and goals against.

Your trying to polish a turd.

Last edited:
I like him and his character but there's no doubting it would be a gamble. I'm loathe to go down the usual well trodden path with journeyman managers tho and there's very few stand out candidates otherwise. I'd probs go for Ainsworth or Stendel but then I know very little about any of the other candidates tbh.
Me too, on all of that, except I do think Stendel is a stand out candidate.

The only positive about Ainsworth is that he'd be better than Parkinson

I agree with that
The difference between Stendel and Ainsworth is Stendel did it over a full season, objective complete. Ainsworth is only a quarter of a season and tbh I would be surprised if they were near the top 6 if he is given a full season.

Last edited:
In all seriousness though, it's a very narrow criterion you've used there. By that measure we should be breaking the bank for Lambert (please god no)

There's little to judge Ainsworth on Tbf, but in all fairness to the bloke, he is doing a good job, given the job he's got. There's nothing to say he wouldn't succeed at a better club. He's a steady league one manager and we need a manager like him, while we are in this league.

Back