Ainsworth positives

0321safc

Striker
Overall I am quite underwhelmed by the potential of his appointment but I don’t think it could be all doom and gloom
1. I think he would make us a fitter side, something we fundamentally have an issue with, he often has players 34+ playing regularly
2. Wycombe scored lots of goals this season, perhaps his tactics up until this season has been down to poor quality relative to the rest of the league
3. He has always utilised the loan market well, eyebrows were raised when he managed to attract Aaron’s to Wycombe, for example

Overall I am quite underwhelmed by the potential of his appointment but I don’t think it could be all doom and gloom
1. I think he would make us a fitter side, something we fundamentally have an issue with, he often has players 34+ playing regularly
2. Wycombe scored lots of goals this season, perhaps his tactics up until this season has been down to poor quality relative to the rest of the league
3. He has always utilised the loan market well, eyebrows were raised when he managed to attract Aaron’s to Wycombe, for example
Why are you obsessing over Ainsworth? You know the club has approached at least 5 other managers

Last edited:
Why are you obsessing over Ainsworth? You know the club has approached at lest 5 other managers
At first I doubted it would be him but I think Robins signing a new deal, the fact he’s steadily the favourite with the bookmakers and talk that Wycombe will let him go for little or no compensation means it’s all looking very ominous ....

At first I doubted it would be him but I think Robins signing a new deal, the fact he’s steadily the favourite with the bookmakers and talk that Wycombe will let him go for little or no compensation means it’s all looking very ominous ....
no it isn't
He's the bookmakers "favourite" because people have lumped on since Wycombe leaked to the press that we've approached them to speak to him. The "next manager" market is famously volatile due to the very nature of the fact it lacks probability and bookies are terrified of losing money someone "in the know"
The fact Robins has turned us down (or Coventry turned down the approach) proves that Ainsworth isn't our only target. it's widely known we have approached 5 clubs, Wycombe are just one of them.

Last edited:
Actually done a good job where he is and the fans there would be disappointed to see him leave. I don't know enough about him to comment if he will do a good job or not.

Wycombe post good attacking numbers so pretty much opposite to our numbers last year.

Back