Ainsworth positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

I take a cautious approach to any manager who comes in. They may have a good CV but they will be working with a totally different set of players here. Different levels of ability to those he worked with at Wycombe or wherever we get the manager from. They may not respond to his orders as well as those at Wycombe or whoever. It worked for them at wherever but that does not mean it will work here. Just because I can drive a Ford Fiesta does not mean I can hop in anything and drive as well as I do in my own. I would be lost in something like a Lamborghini Aventador or a big pickup like a Mitsubishi L200. If I learned to play the guitar that does not mean I can pick up any instrument and start playing them. It requires different methods to play it.

I would love to think he can replicate his success at Wycombe here. Do exactly how they did under him. But I wouldn't be 100% sure that our own players would become another Wycombe Wanderers. Begin to play exactly how they are doing now.

I take a cautious approach to any manager who comes in. They may have a good CV but they will be working with a totally different set of players here. Different levels of ability to those he worked with at Wycombe or wherever we get the manager from. They may not respond to his orders as well as those at Wycombe or whoever. It worked for them at wherever but that does not mean it will work here. Just because I can drive a Ford Fiesta does not mean I can hop in anything and drive as well as I do in my own. I would be lost in something like a Lamborghini Aventador or a big pickup like a Mitsubishi L200. If I learned to play the guitar that does not mean I can pick up any instrument and start playing them. It requires different methods to play it.

I would love to think he can replicate his success at Wycombe here. Do exactly how they did under him. But I wouldn't be 100% sure that our own players would become another Wycombe Wanderers. Begin to play exactly how they are doing now.
what are his successes at wycombe..

what are his successes at wycombe..

Dunno. He seems highly rated tho. He seems to be so based on the way he has got Wycombe playing. It isn't based on trophies. I don't know if he has won trophies with them. If he can turn us into another Wycombe in the way they play then I can see us being better placed to challenge for promotion.

Dunno. He seems highly rated tho. He seems to be so based on the way he has got Wycombe playing. It isn't based on trophies. I don't know if he has won trophies with them. If he can turn us into another Wycombe in the way they play then I can see us being better placed to challenge for promotion.
ive never watched wycombe unless we have played them. which i cant remember so i cant comment.. but anybody has to be an improvement on ross..

Underwhelmed after the names linked, but he’ll have my full backing. As long as the footballs not dull, and we’re up near top come end of the season he’ll have done a good job. Ross should’ve been gone before a ball was kicked this year.

He took 4 1/2 seasons to get promotion. Lucky if he gets 4 1/2 months with us.

From a relegation position with no backroom staff, no academy, no reserve team to 2nd in a league above. At one point he had to buy nets for training himself. We've spent more on Dobson than he's spent on players in total in that whole time.

He's done a remarkable job there considering. Remains to be seen if he can get the same sort of results at a club our size but you could say that about the majority of applicants.

Last edited:
I'm all for it given our circumstances of the club being run in such a reductive manner.

Done a very good job at Wycombe under difficult circumstances.

It will confirm the lack of ambition we have under Donald regardless of the spin he puts on just about everything.

A young manager with a proven track record of fitness and treating himself with dignity. Plays attacking pressing football and has a wealth of experience. He demands fitness from his teams and was very popular in his last job. I’m happy if he is our man, gaffers like that are few and far between in the UK.

Knows the league, the teams and the players in it and that's knowledge that we've not had, even this season looks like we've not done our homework on sides and we've paid the price.

He obviously sets his own sides up well, they've looked fit and hard to beat when we've played them and he seems to have an eye for a player when considering he's had nothing to spend yet put a team together.

Not my first choice but IF given the role, I don't think it would be a bad appointment on a short term contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back