Aiden Mcgeady

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
funny you should mention cricket. most cricket fans love KP and agree he was a class cricketer. he also was poisonous to the dressing room and sometimes just did not turn up/threw toys out the pram.

I'm not saying he's not an arsehole. I'm addressing those who simply say he is shite.
funny you should mention cricket. most cricket fans love KP and agree he was a class cricketer. he also was poisonous to the dressing room and sometimes just did not turn up/threw toys out the pram.

I'm not saying he's not an arsehole. I'm addressing those who simply say he is shite.

Shame he didn’t set about Wyke after that Burton game. The bloke missed an open goal managing to hit the keeper that was already on the floor. It’s one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen :lol:

when he turns up he's clearly a talented, albeit ageing footballer.

it's when he doesn't turn up that he's shite, and unfortunately that has happened on multiple occasions.

there are cliques in nearly every workplace it's how they are dealt with that counts

Exactly this.
If getting rid of McGeady from the dressing room was meant to improve the atmosphere, thus, the performances, then it didn’t work!
I wouldn’t mind seeing Parkinson earn his money and incorporate him back into the squad. Even if just to come off the bench if we need something to open the opposition up.

To win games and win leagues you have to play your best players

Aidan Mcgeady is one of our best players

Well, he was in the team that sent us down to the championship and also in the one that couldn't get us out of league one at the first attempt. He also played a chunk of last season.

The fella has had his time, as proved last season when below standard league one defenders were showing him out wide, knowing fine well he can't cross a ball and would end up shooting from some f***ing mental angle and lose possession.

Hopefully, Jack Dross can sort a deal out for him as he's finished here.

Cattermole wasn't the captain. I couldn't imagine Honeyman standing up to Catts/McGeady either which is worrying.

Parkinson is a League 1 manager. He's not Sir Alex. Also, McGeady was shite and spat his dummy out, as he did with Coleman. Fuck him.
Ross made mistakes, but making Honeyman captain was one of his biggest imo.

Just listened again to the RR podcast with Alex Rae.....loved the bit when he said "I'd played against Terry Hurlock, Kevin Ball, Vinny Jones etc....and I had my tooth knocked out by Aiden f***ing McGeady....can ye believe it....he couldnt tackle a fuckin fish supper man"!

In the Lewis Morgan interview, he said Mcgeady went into the dressing room and laid into the players after a draw with Burton telling them it was unacceptable and that they will never play at a higher level.... Not one player responded

Well done Mcgeady I say, I'm against the Roy keane style of ranting and raving and physically attacking team mates... But home truths need to be told to the players

Lewis also states Mcgeady and Cattermole didn't speak and their was cliques in the dressing room.

Cattermole as team captain should have sorted this, been the bigger man even if he thought Mcgeady was a prick and got the team bonded.

Bring Mcgeady back.... Still would be our best and most creative player. Parkinson won't do it though. As a manager you need to be flexible when managing individuals..

Its simple.

AM is easily the most accomplished player in this Mickey Mouse league.

There are many measures of PP's inadequacy but his abysmal acquiescence in The Con's permanent fire sale of the Academy and reckless ostracism of any player with quality/ a decent contract has cost us, and continues to cost us, very dear.

Never mind the ownership - whoever it is, must bin PP pronto,

In the Lewis Morgan interview, he said Mcgeady went into the dressing room and laid into the players after a draw with Burton telling them it was unacceptable and that they will never play at a higher level.... Not one player responded

Well done Mcgeady I say, I'm against the Roy keane style of ranting and raving and physically attacking team mates... But home truths need to be told to the players

Lewis also states Mcgeady and Cattermole didn't speak and their was cliques in the dressing room.

Cattermole as team captain should have sorted this, been the bigger man even if he thought Mcgeady was a prick and got the team bonded.

Bring Mcgeady back.... Still would be our best and most creative player. Parkinson won't do it though. As a manager you need to be flexible when managing individuals..

Couldn't give a toss how much talent he has/had, probably much less now as he's an old git.

However, it's alarming that you'd like to have him back despite him criticising and bullying players.

Criticising O'Nien for reading books and studying on bus journeys, doing things for kids in his free time.

Perhaps you've forgotten but let me remind you that Sunderland AFC is a community club and when players like O'Nien and Willis, who have no affinity with the area, go out and do things in the local community, it goes a long way in terms of fitting in with the local community unlike the miserable prick Mcgeady who I doubt does much apart from scoff down McDonalds.

Don't want him or anyone else similar anywhere near our club.

McGeady has fallen out with pretty much every manager he’s played under except Ross. The lad is an arsehole.

There's a big difference in that Keane led by example. Hardest worker on the pitch and the training field and demonstrated every week the expectations he then demanded. How often did McGeady not show up or would we get tortured down his side because he couldnt be arsed to track back against the likes of ... Burton. Add to that, Neville and Richardson said Keane was a popular man with the team, funny and charming, not a wanker or a diva. The comparison is silly.
Exactly mate. And its very telling that no-one responded to his rallying call. It says more about McGeady than the rest of them.

Article should have read,

Soft Kid cant cope with adult life.

Sick to death of this soft as shite attitude around the club. Same people saying yeah but he has a point and yeah you cant be screaming at players also rimming the f***ing life out of Kevin Ball.
Totally missing the point. I'd expect O'Nien to have the mental fortitude to handle being shouted at and told to buck up his ideas. What you've got though, is a player surrounding himself with sycophants believing he can act how he wants because he's the best, highest paid player at the club. Nothing wrong with a player becoming a leader in the dressing room, but when you're using that position in counter constructive way, you're destroying any chance of harmony.

Whatever your interpretation of what's happening, one thing is clear. Aiden McGeady has no interest in being a role model.

McGeady wasn't calling players out to raise standards like Keane might have, he was a petulant twat. He kicked balls away when he wasn't getting his way in training, sulked when he was on the bench and picked on younger lads to have a laugh at their expense. Let's not make out that he had a tough winners mentality.

The difference with someone like Keane is that he would have your back on the pitch. McGeady was selfish.

In the first season in League 1 I watched McGeady win a number of games in the flesh on his own. How many players did that last season? Still would be an asset and at least needs to be an option from the bench as creativity is quite clearly an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back