Aiden Mcgeady

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

In the Lewis Morgan interview, he said Mcgeady went into the dressing room and laid into the players after a draw with Burton telling them it was unacceptable and that they will never play at a higher level.... Not one player responded

Well done Mcgeady I say, I'm against the Roy keane style of ranting and raving and physically attacking team mates... But home truths need to be told to the players

Lewis also states Mcgeady and Cattermole didn't speak and their was cliques in the dressing room.

Cattermole as team captain should have sorted this, been the bigger man even if he thought Mcgeady was a prick and got the team bonded.

Bring Mcgeady back.... Still would be our best and most creative player. Parkinson won't do it though. As a manager you need to be flexible when managing individuals..
BSA would have played Mcgeady all the time in his line up

Article should have read,

Soft Kid cant cope with adult life.

Sick to death of this soft as shite attitude around the club. Same people saying yeah but he has a point and yeah you cant be screaming at players also rimming the f***ing life out of Kevin Ball.

In the Lewis Morgan interview, he said Mcgeady went into the dressing room and laid into the players after a draw with Burton telling them it was unacceptable and that they will never play at a higher level.... Not one player responded

Well done Mcgeady I say, I'm against the Roy keane style of ranting and raving and physically attacking team mates... But home truths need to be told to the players

Lewis also states Mcgeady and Cattermole didn't speak and their was cliques in the dressing room.

Cattermole as team captain should have sorted this, been the bigger man even if he thought Mcgeady was a prick and got the team bonded.

Bring Mcgeady back.... Still would be our best and most creative player. Parkinson won't do it though. As a manager you need to be flexible when managing individuals..

Bring him back so we can have cliques again?

Jurgen Klopp would never have played him in his line up.
The comparison I draw is Harry Redknapp.... He had the likes of Di canio and other nutters in his team... But he realised Di canio was worth it. For every bit of petulance would be a match winning goal.... I'm not suggesting Mcgeady was on the same Level as Di canio but what I wouldn't do is shut anyone out of my squad
Bring him back so we can have cliques again?
No bring him back and have strong management with more team bonding

funny you should mention cricket. most cricket fans love KP and agree he was a class cricketer. he also was poisonous to the dressing room and sometimes just did not turn up/threw toys out the pram.
Great comparison mate

Nope not for me. When you're "bullying" other players and spitting your dummy out if a training session isnt set up how you want, then I dont care how talented you are. His attitude stinks as does Morgan's. McGeady can create a bit of magic but it's not worth it if other players are scared of him.

If we're looking for a positive, McGeady seemed to be nice to the fans.

Last edited:
To win games and win leagues you have to play your best players

Aidan Mcgeady is one of our best players
You need more than just ability to be part of the team. If your attitude and application is off then it's wasted talent.

When he wanted to be. There's no coincidence we always looked better when he didn't play. He always shoots on sight regardless hence why he looked canny goal wise but had very few assists. Even in the play off final he had a p poor shot which lead to Charlton breaking we concede the free kick that won them the game. A fit Maguire was much more effective for us

Disagree
To win you need to play your best team. Hurst and h Chalton weren't in best 11 of England but won world cup. Trying to shoehorn Scholes Gerrard and lampard into team years later didn't work. We need quality but also need to play best team. Mcgeady tries to beat man to many times is ball gready loses possession I'm wrong areas and is a tit. Talent Is there but not a team player.

Great comparison mate

KP was the best player in the world. McGeady isn't even the best player in our squad and we're in League 1.

Are people forgetting how shit he was last season? I've been a fan of him throughout his time here but he looked finished when we loaned him out, and he was shit for Charlton as well.

McGeady still is our best player. He only played half a season and still ended up 3rd top scorer.

One thing the salary cap has thrown up is the "cap wise" hes only costing us the league average toward the cap. We wont get a player anywhere near as good as him for that wage now. Get him back, reintegrate into squad. Even if hes not starting every game. Match winner from the bench

How happy do you think he'll be to not be starting every game? He was our best player 2 years ago, last season he looked finished. If there's any doubts over attitude then get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back