Aiden Mcgeady

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45378

In the Lewis Morgan interview, he said Mcgeady went into the dressing room and laid into the players after a draw with Burton telling them it was unacceptable and that they will never play at a higher level.... Not one player responded

Well done Mcgeady I say, I'm against the Roy keane style of ranting and raving and physically attacking team mates... But home truths need to be told to the players

Lewis also states Mcgeady and Cattermole didn't speak and their was cliques in the dressing room.

Cattermole as team captain should have sorted this, been the bigger man even if he thought Mcgeady was a prick and got the team bonded.

Bring Mcgeady back.... Still would be our best and most creative player. Parkinson won't do it though. As a manager you need to be flexible when managing individuals..

Cattermole as team captain should have sorted this, been the bigger man even if he thought Mcgeady was a prick and got the team bonded.

Bring Mcgeady back.... Still would be our best and most creative player. Parkinson won't do it though. As a manager you need to be flexible when managing individuals..

Cattermole wasn't the captain. I couldn't imagine Honeyman standing up to Catts/McGeady either which is worrying.

Parkinson is a League 1 manager. He's not Sir Alex. Also, McGeady was shite and spat his dummy out, as he did with Coleman. Fuck him.

There's a big difference in that Keane led by example. Hardest worker on the pitch and the training field and demonstrated every week the expectations he then demanded. How often did McGeady not show up or would we get tortured down his side because he couldnt be arsed to track back against the likes of ... Burton. Add to that, Neville and Richardson said Keane was a popular man with the team, funny and charming, not a wanker or a diva. The comparison is silly.

There's a big difference in that Keane led by example. Hardest worker on the pitch and the training field and demonstrated every week the expectations he then demanded. How often did McGeady not show up or would we get tortured down his side because he couldnt be arsed to track back against the likes of ... Burton. Add to that, Neville and Richardson said Keane was a popular man with the team, funny and charming, not a wanker or a diva. The comparison is silly.
But I also heard Barthez say Keane attacked him after his 2nd game at Man utd.... Surely you don't condone that.....

To win games and win leagues you have to play your best players

Aidan Mcgeady is one of our best players

I disagree, you play your best team.
If McGeady is part of our best team then fine, but you don't shoehorn players in.
England never learnt this during the Gerrard Lampard years.
But I also heard Barthez say Keane attacked him after his 2nd game at Man utd.... Surely you don't condone that.....

Of course we do, Barthez was an annoying twat.

McGeady isn't like Keane though. Keane didn't walk around with his little clique in tow. He also made the most of his talent, whereas McGeady underachieved relative to his talent throughout his career. Imagine berating young lads who've never played higher than L1 and L2, when you had the potential to play Champions League/top level football regularly, but never got there.

All in all, McGeady sounds like a tool.

In the Lewis Morgan interview, he said Mcgeady went into the dressing room and laid into the players after a draw with Burton telling them it was unacceptable and that they will never play at a higher level.... Not one player responded

Well done Mcgeady I say, I'm against the Roy keane style of ranting and raving and physically attacking team mates... But home truths need to be told to the players

Lewis also states Mcgeady and Cattermole didn't speak and their was cliques in the dressing room.

You're forgetting, Honeyman was captain.

Mcgeady was all fart and no sh#t. Maguire is much more effective for us. As well as scoring he assists goals. If Mcgeady passed instead of shooting 50 percent of the time he'd be much more effective. It shows how poor Ross was if he let Mcgeady get away with his behaviour (kicking balls away if training wasn't what he wanted) I agree with him kicking off after a poor performance. But it's not effective if he's always having a go /whinge.

McGeady still is our best player. He only played half a season and still ended up 3rd top scorer.

One thing the salary cap has thrown up is the "cap wise" hes only costing us the league average toward the cap. We wont get a player anywhere near as good as him for that wage now. Get him back, reintegrate into squad. Even if hes not starting every game. Match winner from the bench

Back