Age related decline.

It’s a controversial issue I agree. I’m minded towards moderate exercise, moderate weights, stretching and yoga.
Me too.
Couple of years ago a 60 year old I know decided to get fit by going to the gym every day. He had a dog and so took regular walks but thought he needed to do more.

Took a stroke coming out of the gym and ended up paralysed.

I’m still in perfect working order thanks, despite the extra pounds. Not sure a lot of exercise is good for you either.

Extra pounds will eventually take their toll. I'm not talking about ultra marathons either. But exercise is definitely very good for you.

You need to lift heavy weights and read dictionaries.

At the age of 70 you should still be able to back squat x2 your body weight.
:lol::lol:

Last edited:
My mam was the same age as the queen and died this year. The queen was pictured this year driving a Range Rover.
I'd say the golden rule is that being waited on night and day and having immediate access to the best medical care available will prolong your active life into your nineties.
Or learn to drive a range rover
More research needed

Always been fascinated by this topic, in part due to the nature of my job where I deal with a lot of people nearing the end of their lives, but also from a personal viewpoint of coming from a background of sport and activity most of my life.

Now I’m entering the latter stages myself I just wonder how much is inevitable (obviously death is) and just how much can be mitigated by lifestyle choices.

Thoughts?

Look up Clarence Bass and Jack Lalanne.

My Dad's knocking on 70 and keeps himself active. Still works full time, lifts weights and spends most of his weekends under old cars. Does plenty of mental tests as well, as he believes he'll sieze up mentally and physically if he doesn't keep going.

Look up Clarence Bass and Jack Lalanne.

My Dad's knocking on 70 and keeps himself active. Still works full time, lifts weights and spends most of his weekends under old cars. Does plenty of mental tests as well, as he believes he'll sieze up mentally and physically if he doesn't keep going.

My old fella is the same. He’s 86 and without mentioning it or asking for help he hired some scaffolding and did some repair work on the garage roof and fascia boards :lol:

Back