Age related decline.

I was being serious in my comparison. I had to feed my mam orange juice through a straw because she couldn't hold anything. I know it sucks when people raise subjects like this but once the subject is raised the truth needs to be said.
It didn't sound like you were being serious ,what truth do you speak ?
Money and privilege help in some ways
Steve Jobs might disagree among others
Sorry to hear about your Mother

Latest thinking is this needs to be maintained throughout your life. Pointless getting to 60 odd then doing a bit sudoku.
Use it or lose it

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/...yclist-robert-marchand-hops-back-in-the-saddl
Take me hat off to this fella, should get him on the coast to coast next year.
Still see Former Dauphine and tour stage winner Brian Robinson belting round mrfield and that daft owld get is 88

Last edited:
There was an old guy in his 80s at my yoga class a few weeks ago. Sound bloke.

I swear by doing Vinyasa yoga with max OT weight training and cardio, diet 80% on point and keeping intellectually sharp (as a teacher I’ve got to) - I am only 29 like

I once did a yoga class in India and there was a guy about 90 year old doing a handstand and I couldn’t hold a downward dog for more than a minute at the time

My dad has fairly bad dementia. I take him out for a pint every Friday and he doesn't even complain that he's drinking Becks Blue (he hates lager).

Anyway, when I picked him up from the home last Friday, they told me he'd been trying to light a fag on the Christmas tree lights all day.

Mind you, he's 83 and has smoked heavily, drank heavily and eaten fatty foods since he was about 14.

Last edited:
..or live very day like it’s your last,

cos one day it will be.
Not sure about that because I'd likely be very hedonistic on my last day if I was able. Not sure living every day like that would work, I need to work and be sensible some days.

But I do think it is easy to lose skills if you don't practice/ use those skills. I used to be a good enough diver but now I always enter the pool by the steps or jumping in, this is because I haven't dived in in ages. Nothing to do with age, people many years older than me can still dive. I just lost the nack as I didn't practice.

There was an old guy in his 80s at my yoga class a few weeks ago. Sound bloke.

I swear by doing Vinyasa yoga with max OT weight training and cardio, diet 80% on point and keeping intellectually sharp (as a teacher I’ve got to) - I am only 29 like

I once did a yoga class in India and there was a guy about 90 year old doing a handstand and I couldn’t hold a downward dog for more than a minute at the time

:lol:

I’ve just turned 40 and I’ve never been in better nick. I feel way better in myself than I did in my 20s, I’m ill far less, and it’s down to eating better and training. I see people who were in my year at school who look like they’re older than my dad.

Lifestyle plays a massive part, just no-one sees it creeping up on them.

Do today what you want to be able
to do tomorrow.
..or live very day like it’s your last,

cos one day it will be.

Merit in both suggestions imo. The only issue I have with the latter is that if your genetics keep you going late into life regardless of the abuse you’ve inflicted on your body it won’t be a pleasant retirement. You’ll be fat, sick, diabetic, arthritic and cabbaged.

Its okay doing gyms and training and eating all the right stuff and drinking moderately etc but its not what you'll remember fondly on your death bed .All about control,but you have to live and enjoy it.If that means dying two years earlier so be it.My thing is giving stuff up i love .Pretty much gave 5 a side footy up after a lifetime because it just hurts too much after.Dirt biking is the other one,again a passion all my lfe and its odd to think that ride may be my last

Eat healthy, do yoga, meditate, lift weights, think, read, be creative, be active.........these things will help you when you grow old. Look at people who are 70+ and take note of what they do.

Keeping the mind active and having a young mentality and you are half way there.

I know an old fella who is 94 and still plays 9 holes of golf twice a week. His mind is sharp as a anything.

I reckon the SMB keeps you going..have to keep your wits about you

Back