Age related decline.

Lord Alfred

Striker
Always been fascinated by this topic, in part due to the nature of my job where I deal with a lot of people nearing the end of their lives, but also from a personal viewpoint of coming from a background of sport and activity most of my life.

Now I’m entering the latter stages myself I just wonder how much is inevitable (obviously death is) and just how much can be mitigated by lifestyle choices.

Thoughts?

Quality of life can be extended with proper nutrition and plenty of exercise.

people need to lose all the middle aged spread they have accumulated before they get near 60. They also need to do loads of exercise.

Also, need to keep interested in intellectual pursuits.

Old age is not for sitting around. may as well be dead. IMHO.
Someone tell donald trump!

My mam was the same age as the queen and died this year. The queen was pictured this year driving a Range Rover.
I'd say the golden rule is that being waited on night and day and having immediate access to the best medical care available will prolong your active life into your nineties.

Yeah that and stem cells. ;)

Quality of life can be extended with proper nutrition and plenty of exercise.

people need to lose all the middle aged spread they have accumulated before they get near 60. They also need to do loads of exercise.

Also, need to keep interested in intellectual pursuits.

Old age is not for sitting around. may as well be dead. IMHO.

Latest thinking is this needs to be maintained throughout your life. Pointless getting to 60 odd then doing a bit sudoku.

Back