Accident leechmere road and the top of Strawberry bank..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this happens even
more from the other way - Sainsbury to Hollymere, though isn't any less perplexing.

Always 4x4s overtakes to nip in before the cycle lane 2 into 1, right laners.
Some f***ing van driver was right up my arse on that road a few days ago and did just that. I reduced my on-the-speed-limit speed just to piss him off, daft twat.

I wouldn't want to be taught incorrect rules of the road. I've noticed you've chosen to not quote or reply to my other post with the image which fits the roundabout in question.

I'd prefer a response which proves me wrong.
You're right and the other poster is wrong

Logon or register to see this image

Would you like me to provide links to the guidance too?
road markings on the right lane indicate ahead and right.

lane markings on leechmere rd on right hand lane indicate right only. for the normal rule of the road you are correct, but this particular roundabout you are wrong

road markings on the right lane indicate ahead and right.

lane markings on leechmere rd on right hand lane indicate right only. for the normal rule of the road you are correct, but this particular roundabout you are wrong

I'm not on about heading from Leechmere toward Sainsburys. That lane has been cross hatched. I'm on about the other direction where the left hand lane merged to the right a few hundred yards down from the roundabout. Read my post on page 2.

Okay, so why can you not use the right hand lane to traverse the roundabout then exit on the right? The merge is due to cars parking in the left hand lane further up the road and has nothing to do with normal driving convention.

Some f***ing van driver was right up my arse on that road a few days ago and did just that. I reduced my on-the-speed-limit speed just to piss him off, daft twat.
You only get one car ahead, because there's always somebody coming out the Hope, which stop you dead.

Aye, it's a left lane exit, when you're going straight ahead, most of the time. The desirable.

All you're taught to think of it like, is the left should be the default lane, when there's a choice and you won't be able to cock it up. Know what i mean. It's just a guide when there's options, to keep it routine and piss easy. :lol:

are those the measures they announced when proposing the crossing on leechmere rd about 4 or 5 years ago
No, totally different.. there was supposed to have been a survey of residents by the council about the calming measures up and down Strawberry bank........it must only have been a selected few who took part as no one can recall in the area of being surveyed.:confused:

Why wait in a queue of people waiting to turn left down Strawberry Bank when you can use the right lane to go straight on. If you do use the right it is your duty to stick in the right and not drift over before the merge....

Why wait in a queue of people waiting to turn left down Strawberry Bank when you can use the right lane to go straight on. If you do use the right it is your duty to stick in the right and not drift over before the merge....
That is fine, it's coming the other way, right hand lane is right turn only, but there's arseholes using it to go straight ahead.

if the people in the 4 houses just over the roundabout parked down their drives instead of on the road thereby causing the merge 10 yards after the roundabout instead of the 150 that's marked there'd be a lot less of a problem

if the people in the 4 houses just over the roundabout parked down their drives instead of on the road thereby causing the merge 10 yards after the roundabout instead of the 150 that's marked there'd be a lot less of a problem
one of them is a physio, probably client cars

some nices houses round there but would I hell want live on that road, traffic and noise would do my nut in

I'm not on about heading from Leechmere toward Sainsburys. That lane has been cross hatched. I'm on about the other direction where the left hand lane merged to the right a few hundred yards down from the roundabout. Read my post on page 2.

if you are on about essen way to leechmere rd, there are no road markings at all on essen way, so you are correct.

No, totally different.. there was supposed to have been a survey of residents by the council about the calming measures up and down Strawberry bank........it must only have been a selected few who took part as no one can recall in the area of being surveyed.:confused:
we were sent a proposal years ago, when the crossing was to be installed on leechmere. that proposal was overkill with road humps all over the place as they feared vehicles would use side streets to avoid the traffic calming on leechmere. We just presumed it was cancelled because of the finance crash

Last edited:
if you are on about essen way to leechmere rd, there are no road markings at all on essen way, so you are correct.

we were sent a proposal years ago, when the crossing was to be installed on leechmere. that proposal was overkill with road humps all over the place as they feared vehicles would use side streets to avoid the traffic calming on leechmere. We just presumed it was cancelled because of the finance crash
This is on the bank itself...not Leechmere road.

Thers a non-standard traffic management system in place in the other direction which takes precedence over normal dual carriageway/ roundabout convention. Hence the additional white markings on the road on the approach and the cross hatch on the right hand exit lane.

This is on the bank itself...not Leechmere road.

I'm saying that the council proposed to put traffic calming measure on the estate to the left and right of strawberry bank, as well as strawberry bank. somebody got the idea that cars would whizz through these estates in order to avoid the huge delays they thought would occur.

Those grounds were fearless but it became clear that a crossing was required as parents parked their cars on leechmere rd to take the children to hillview school and because of the children who lived on the myrella crescent estate.

In fact as a passed today, there was a young women carrying a young child across the road and grassy central reservation. bearing in mind todays weather that was a dangerous manoeuvre.

as you just cant magic up car parking, I think there is probably a need to have another crossing nearer to the junction to assist with parents and children. spend the money on that instead of traffic calming measures on strawberry bank.

Does anyone actually know what is going on...

Cross hatch this, white line that, merge this, twelve o clock that. I’ve lived there all my life and crossed that round about from all directions goodness knows how many times and I’m confused as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back