Accident leechmere road and the top of Strawberry bank..

You can do whatever you want, but you're doing it wrong.

Can you remember when you passed your test not long ago - your instructor telling you you'll fail your test if you can't get back to the left safely and without impeding over motorists?

You're missing the point - it isn't what you can do, but what you should do.

Do you want 10 driving lessons for nowt to get you up to scratch?

What lane is correct to go east from west on this roundabout?

Unnamed Road Unnamed Road, Sunderland SR4 8JR https://tracking code removed/maps/5R1cokD4khG2

Can you remember when you passed your test not long ago - your instructor telling you you'll fail your test if you can't get back to the left safely and without impeding over motorists?

No, I'm right.

You’d only use the right lane if there was traffic in the left, or am I missing something?

I don't mind the religious left hand lane users, it means i can horse it up the right hand lane and be back home for my tea in the time it's taken them to queue up behind six cars worth of pensioners all turning left down strawberry bank at 1mph

You're never too old to retrain man.

Happy to keep you on the right path, even if it is just on a message board.

I wouldn't want to be taught incorrect rules of the road. I've noticed you've chosen to not quote or reply to my other post with the image which fits the roundabout in question.

I'd prefer a response which proves me wrong.

I don't mind the religious left hand lane users, it means i can horse it up the right hand lane and be back home for my tea in the time it's taken them to queue up behind six cars worth of pensioners all turning left down strawberry bank at 1mph
I had a pensioner turn right on me from the left lane, so there's always something to balance along there - whether it be right laners or what.

You absolutely can use the right hand lane to go straight ahead if there are two lanes on and two lanes off a roundabout mind.
Of course you can. The problem starts when thos on the left either merge too soon, or those on the right put their foot down to try and exit before those on the left. It's designed imo to keep traffic flowing during busy times and relies on people having common sense to merge on exit. It's designed poorly imo and should be split so the left is for left turn only. We live in an age where some people need guiding from A to B by arrows and satnavs.

I was driving down Houghton cut about 4.30pm today behind a man on a mountain bike it was dark and I thought you mad bastard there’s no way I’d be on a bike in this weather in the dark we both went down the slip road and I stayed well behind him in case he swerved .i know bikes have a right to use the roads but I think there comes a point when you would think this is just too dangerous

I like pensioners me.....they and others did a lot for us "younger ones"...if they want to take their time cos they are old thats fine by me.........they have earned that..

I was driving down Houghton cut about 4.30pm today behind a man on a mountain bike it was dark and I thought you mad bastard there’s no way I’d be on a bike in this weather in the dark we both went down the slip road and I stayed well behind him in case he swerved .i know bikes have a right to use the roads but I think there comes a point when you would think this is just too dangerous
I used to live in the north of Scotland, a few times I got into work on my treader when drivers claimed they couldn't get in.

That's perfectly legal as there are no road markings to indicate other road positioning on the hope road. On leechmere road there is, for turning down strawberry bank. However no road markings don't give drivers the right to be intolerant

from leechmere rd to essen way, road markings indicate left lane for turn left up the hope or straight ahead along essen. right hand lane only for turning right down strawberry bank
Are the correct answers.

Soon to be 1/2MPH once the road calming measures are started in the new year along with the zebra crossings.:D:D:D

Last edited:
I used to live in the north of Scotland, a few times I got into work on my treader when drivers claimed they couldn't get in.

Make sure they grit the ring road, I've had 11 months physio and counting cause the army 'forgot'....

Back