Absolutely no muscle - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s absolutely the best approach like.

I was taking the piss out of any deliberate complications people make and generally sit in the same camp as you. It’s arguable that even very experienced trainees probably don’t need to fuck around with accommodating resistance.

And also yes, safety bars are class. I was doing most of my squatting with one before gyms closed to manage elbow pain.

The dildo gun is because it takes more than a woman to keep me satisfied.
I’ve watched a few Louie Simmons videos where he talks about accommodating resistance so part of me is inclined to think there’s something in it, while at the same time yeah, I’m with you on that. On the whole, I favour keeping things as simple as possible i.e doing big compound movements, whilst continually adding weight and/or reps to the bar and getting plenty of calories and recovery days in.

It’d be great for that if you can’t get your elbow in to position. I’m definitely going to buy one at some point.

😁

I think if people really want to gain some mass, especially if it's an initial 'base', then the best bet is to make sure there's no way you're having days not in a surplus, which is usually best ensured by aiming for a bigger 'on paper' calorie surplus. Things like milk and chocolate milk are real game changers if you don't have an insatiable appetite
100% agree with this. The types of people who say they can’t build muscle are pretty much always skinny ectomorphic types who don’t eat enough and when they do, they have pretty fast metabolisms anyway.

These are the type of people things like GOMAD are really made for. If they gain 30 pounds with 5 pounds of it being muscle (which would be absolutely great for most people) and the other 25 pounds being fat, it’s not like they’re going to have too much trouble losing the latter anyway.

I’ve watched a few Louie Simmons videos where he talks about accommodating resistance so part of me is inclined to think there’s something in it, while at the same time yeah, I’m with you on that. On the whole, I favour keeping things as simple as possible i.e doing big compound movements, whilst continually adding weight and/or reps to the bar and getting plenty of calories and recovery days in.

It’d be great for that if you can’t get your elbow in to position. I’m definitely going to buy one at some point.

😁

100% agree with this. The types of people who say they can’t build muscle are pretty much always skinny ectomorphic types who don’t eat enough and when they do, they have pretty fast metabolisms anyway.

These are the type of people things like GOMAD are really made for. If they gain 30 pounds with 5 pounds of it being muscle (which would be absolutely great for most people) and the other 25 pounds being fat, it’s not like they’re going to have too much trouble losing the latter anyway.

I spoke to Louie Simmons on the phone about 10 years ago. Before the whole Instagram thing boomed, people like him were surprisingly easy to reach. Sent him my number and after a few issues with him navigating international dialling codes I got a call. I've read a load of his material and I know somebody who is now a full time WSBB athlete. So it's with all that in mind that I say this - if you're a good level equipped powerlifter, with elite genetics, Louie Simmons can get the best out of people. I think it's more down to the mindset and the fierce competitive atmosphere at his gym that breeds the most results - get better and win money or get the fuck out and train somewhere else. The 'system' and how to implement it are so contradictory with other things he says and it's a mash up of old resources such as Supertraining.

As far as the mysterious old school sorts, I much prefer Sheiko's stuff.

I spoke to Louie Simmons on the phone about 10 years ago. Before the whole Instagram thing boomed, people like him were surprisingly easy to reach. Sent him my number and after a few issues with him navigating international dialling codes I got a call. I've read a load of his material and I know somebody who is now a full time WSBB athlete. So it's with all that in mind that I say this - if you're a good level equipped powerlifter, with elite genetics, Louie Simmons can get the best out of people. I think it's more down to the mindset and the fierce competitive atmosphere at his gym that breeds the most results - get better and win money or get the fuck out and train somewhere else. The 'system' and how to implement it are so contradictory with other things he says and it's a mash up of old resources such as Supertraining.

As far as the mysterious old school sorts, I much prefer Sheiko's stuff.
Yeah, this makes sense. As far as stuff like accommodating resistance goes, having never really looked into it in a great deal of depth or tried it myself, I was inclined to give it somewhat the benefit of the doubt despite being instinctively inclined to lean towards the side of Charmless Man.

It figures though from what you’re saying and from what I’ve read from the likes of Dave Tate talking about Westside that the kind of people who’d thrive in that kind of environment, and even to an an extent powerlifting in general — where I think it’s fair to say doesn’t rank overly well on the risk/reward spectrum, where you’re pushing your body to extremes whilst there not being particularly great financial rewards compared to a lot of other sports at the end of it — would be physical and mental outliers who’d likely excel greatly if you put them on pretty much any kind of program with whatever tools anyway, which isn’t me trying to take anything away from Louie Simmons or Westside. From what I’ve seen, I have nothing but respect for them.

I’m going to look up Sheiko. I’m kind of intrigued!

Yeah, this makes sense. As far as stuff like accommodating resistance goes, having never really looked into it in a great deal of depth or tried it myself, I was inclined to give it somewhat the benefit of the doubt despite being instinctively inclined to lean towards the side of Charmless Man.

It figures though from what you’re saying and from what I’ve read from the likes of Dave Tate talking about Westside that the kind of people who’d thrive in that kind of environment, and even to an an extent powerlifting in general — where I think it’s fair to say doesn’t rank overly well on the risk/reward spectrum, where you’re pushing your body to extremes whilst there not being particularly great financial rewards compared to a lot of other sports at the end of it — would be physical and mental outliers who’d likely excel greatly if you put them on pretty much any kind of program with whatever tools anyway, which isn’t me trying to take anything away from Louie Simmons or Westside. From what I’ve seen, I have nothing but respect for them.

I’m going to look up Sheiko. I’m kind of intrigued!

If you're lifting equipped then accomodating resistance makes sense as you get the least help from the kit towards the top of the movement.

Some Westside lifters will make decent money. They mostly do paid competitions. I can't remember if they get a wage and then Louie keeps prize money or if they get prize money and pay a percentage. They're in the minority though

I can't stress this enough, I have zero muscle in my arms or anything, or anywhere really. I am pretty thin but just never really exercised like that since I was 16 and started on the drinl (I'm 32).

Pathetically weak, it would be nice just to have anything, even so I can lift and carry stuff :lol:

I feel bit embarrassed posting this even, but what are you meant to do? Just like start lifting those little weights? Just looking for something basic to do in the house. I look at them and think I wont even be able to lift them.

Literally any advice be good, feel free to take piss too.

Do some core exercises, plank, sit ups press-ups etc even some core yoga. once the gyms open get yourself there. Don't be worried about not being able to lift much, everyone there will be lifting different amounts and will only care about themselves anyway. I would say if you are starting out technique is more important than what you can lift. It doesn't take long for your body to adapt to lifting as long as you don't over do it at the beginning. get a personal trainer for a bit it you are totally unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back