Abdoullah Ba

I don’t rate ba in the slightest but I think Dodds might have found his scapegoat on this one like

He knows the fans don’t rate him so has removed him from the squad to try and save face

The blokes a clown imo like. Shouldn’t be at the club next season

He’s far better than shite like hemir and Burstow though.
If anything Ba has had more first team chances of late and done poorly. Doesn't really matter though does it. Ba, Burstow, or Hemir. Sat on the bench and not coming on or sat in the stands and not coming on. Either way they're not getting a game.

I like Ba. He’s got talent. His decision making and final ball is infuriating, but that may come

Clarke is 3 years older, he wasn’t always the player he is now

I think he’s got talent, but the squad is bloated.

Given he’s on a long contract, I’d be tempted to loan him out to a French Ligue 2 club next year, just to build his confidence and game time.

And I say that even as someone who thinks we should peddle Roberts.

We need to sign two wingers in the summer.

Maybe, but he'd already shown his talent.

Ba hasn't, not really.
Ba has shown flashes of talent just look at the game against Stoke . He also has a decent number of caps for France under age . I wouldn't be against loaning him out next season if we get the right players in but I wouldnt be giving up on him yet .

I think his confidence has taken a hammering this season, a properly thought out loan might do him the world of good. He has ability but lacks in game intelligence most of the time. He needs to find his position (we have not helped with that) and play a season there before being judged, for me that's RW but if I had all the answers I'd be working in football not a warehouse.

I rate the lad and I think he's going to turn out to be a really good player for us. His game will refine the more he plays I'm sure of that.

One thing I would do is get him on the weights. Strengthen up a bit. Us gets pushed off the ball a bit too much so if he can get stronger that should help

dropping him and having Burstow and Styles in the squad is beyond mismanagement

unless we actually are signing them. again that would be mismanagement of an even higher level given they have both been cack

I think there's a player in styles. Not LB though
he came in having played a fair bit CM for his country, so our excellent coaching team and Dof say ''I know then, Left back it is for you Callum lad!!''

You can see Dodds and co this season have tried to be too clever on numerous occasions

atm we would sign Scholes and Dodds would put him as a sweeper

I like Ba. He’s got talent. His decision making and final ball is infuriating, but that may come

Clarke is 3 years older, he wasn’t always the player he is now
I think he can count himself very unlucky not to be on the bench ahead of mundle ,burstow and dack. Despite being very hot and cold he's been excellent in several games this season unlike the above trio. You could argue with his ability in the air he'd have put Dack's chance away too! Dodds has mismanaged him here for me by dropping him entirely from the squad. Burstow and Dack won't even be here next year and there's nothing to play for.
It's weird in that for all Roberts is a better all round footballer he's not created or scored as much as Ba this season so, again, I think he's easily worth a place on the bench in this squad.
With all that said, he has to improve massively next year and find some consistency, like most of our kids.

Everything when he’s playing well. He’s struggling this season but there’s absolutely no debate who the better footballer is. Does Ba score the goal Roberts did v Watford at home last season? No chance. Doesn’t score the goals Roberts did at Reading away either.
That’s a bit of a daft argument mind, Ba has scored some excellent goals for us.

The reality is, Roberts’ form this season echoes the rest of his career a lot closer than the good form he showed alongside Diallo. He’s 27 and for all his ability, has simply failed to show any consistency at a decent level throughout his career.

Back