Abdoullah Ba

I don’t rate ba in the slightest but I think Dodds might have found his scapegoat on this one like

He knows the fans don’t rate him so has removed him from the squad to try and save face

The blokes a clown imo like. Shouldn’t be at the club next season

He’s far better than shite like hemir and Burstow though.
Totally agree. We were looking for a goal and even then he still didnt bring on Hemir or Burstow. Makes even more of a mockery putting them both on the bench instead of Ba. If he's done any scenario planning at all in picking his subs i'd love to know what would have had to unfold for him to need 2 strikers on the bench.

I can see why they have him on the wing, he has the raw attributes to play there, but there's a lot of work that needs to be done if we want him to be a Championship level winger IMO.

He's been a big contributor to our often slow and cautious play. He likes to slow things down, and doesn't progress the ball forward enough. A winger cannot go backwards or sideways as much as he does and be successful. Sometimes he has space in front of him and doesn't drive into it. He's nowhere near direct enough.

He can get there, but the club are going to have to work at it and give him time. In hindsight I think he'd have been suited to a League 1 loan this season. A part of me expects him to end up back in France and playing more centrally again.

I know people love to quote the goals/assists stat line, but I'm not sure how anyone who has watched him and Roberts this season can think Ba is the better winger tbh.

Last edited:
Totally agree. We were looking for a goal and even then he still didnt bring on Hemir or Burstow. Makes even more of a mockery putting them both on the bench instead of Ba. If he's done any scenario planning at all in picking his subs i'd love to know what would have had to unfold for him to need 2 strikers on the bench.
It tell you everything you need to know about both Burstow and Hemir...

On a very good day for us he was the one really poor performance. Doesn’t offer anything at either end of the pitch, lacks any footballing intelligence and can’t beat a man or shoot for toffee. Hopefully puts to bed the debate of him or Roberts in the side because Roberts is a better player than he’ll ever be.
What out of interest, does Roberts do better than Ba?
We need bennette back
Decent shout tbh.

Does anybody know what his actual position is?
Yeah, no-where near a football pitch for starters. He hasn't got a clue what he's doing, you don't even know which direction the bugger will sprint off to. I think we need big neon arrows pointing to the opposition goal (I think some German team did it recently!) Same with Ekwah really, hates passing forward loves passing backwards. I wish someone would tell these two cretins that the whole point of the game is to kick the ball into the other goal, not keep kicking it back to your own goal. Your supposed to beat the opposition, not run away from them. f***ing French lol.

What out of interest, does Roberts do better than Ba?

Decent shout tbh.
Everything when he’s playing well. He’s struggling this season but there’s absolutely no debate who the better footballer is. Does Ba score the goal Roberts did v Watford at home last season? No chance. Doesn’t score the goals Roberts did at Reading away either.

Yeah, no-where near a football pitch for starters. He hasn't got a clue what he's doing, you don't even know which direction the bugger will sprint off to. I think we need big neon arrows pointing to the opposition goal (I think some German team did it recently!) Same with Ekwah really, hates passing forward loves passing backwards. I wish someone would tell these two cretins that the whole point of the game is to kick the ball into the other goal, not keep kicking it back to your own goal. Your supposed to beat the opposition, not run away from them. f***ing French lol.
Ekwah is one of the top performers in the division for passes into the final third

Ba is in the top quarter for dribbles into the box.

They both get it forward plenty

Has our second highest number of assists and in top 5 for our goals. He is very hit and miss but using him as a scapegoat and hanging him out to dry isn't right imo. Should he do better, of course but would be nice if he had an actual head coach teaching him rather than a p.e. teacher currently. Dropping him from the squad while keeping burstow and hemir in particular (could also make a case for dack and mundle), is poor. Maybe he is right and it will help the lad, but I doubt dodds has the man management skills to judge things like this correctly

Roberts had a spell from the Leicester game to when Mowbray got sacked where he was one of our better performers, convinced some people don't actually watch the games and just repeat what others say online or quote how many goals and assists a player has.
I remember Colback having a great 2 or 3 month spell with us. The season lasts longer than that.

Back