Aaron Wan-Bissaka

my point was-they made yong captain and gave him a contract-so presumabl se ehim as having a first team future-yet are signing a right back for huge money-implying they dont see yoing as a right back first team option?

Ah ok. By 'they released their main player in that positon' I thought you meant that Valencia, ie the guy who has been released, was their main right back.

There is nothing particularly unusual about making the senior pro club captain. Young is the last man standing in that regard. Kompany sat out plenty of games while club captain last season. Henderson too. Hell, remember the days they'd bring on the ghost of Brian Robson for one of Keane or Ince, he was captain too. Ditto old man Bruce or a paper-hipped Keane.

He'll be around the 1st team squad, provide cover and experience both sides, but they really do need a better right back.

which is the point I am making mate, you've developed 2 good players, then the big bassas come along and pay big money for them. yes I know you get a good transfer fee, but, all that does is highly inflate the average player market that 1 step below, meaning bang average players are going for stupid amounts !
we've told them flat not for sale on Rice no mater what they offer though

and Diop we've asked for a new world record fee of either 80m or 40m and Martial, which is as good as saying no cos they ain't gonna pay that. They originally offered 40m and Phil Jones

Last edited:

and Diop we've asked for a new world record fee of either 80m or 40m and Martial, which is as good as saying no cos they ain't gonna pay that. They originally offered 40m and Phil Jones
And what if they players start demanding the move?

Ah ok. By 'they released their main player in that positon' I thought you meant that Valencia, ie the guy who has been released, was their main right back.

There is nothing particularly unusual about making the senior pro club captain. Young is the last man standing in that regard. Kompany sat out plenty of games while club captain last season. Henderson too. Hell, remember the days they'd bring on the ghost of Brian Robson for one of Keane or Ince, he was captain too. Ditto old man Bruce or a paper-hipped Keane.

He'll be around the 1st team squad, provide cover and experience both sides, but they really do need a better right back.

ashley young has played right back many many times-but is he a "recognised right back"

And what if they players start demanding the move?
Currently Rice has no desire whatsoever to leave, as soon as the Man United bid story broke he was straight on twitter from his holiday saying I can't wait to get back to the Hammers to start work fro next season and Diop has said he's happy too, of course PSG and Barca are also sniffing around Diop so that could change things

Last edited:
Currently Rice has no desire whatsoever to leave, as soon as the Man United bid story broe he was straight on twitter from his holiday saying I can't wait to get back to the Hammers to start work fro next season and Diop has said he's happy too, of course PSG and Barca are also sniffing around Diop so that could change things
Yeah.... things change very quickly once they're all sniffing around and I'm including Rice in that. He says that and the West Ham fans love him if he's still there and if he eventually decides to go to Man U or whoever it's fair enough, head was turned, too good an opportunity etc.

Watched Wan Bissaka the other day for the u21s he was shocking going forward , which instantly makes him not good enough for a top team imo
Apart from when he was good going forward for Palace last season you mean? :lol:

Yeah.... things change very quickly once they're all sniffing around and I'm including Rice in that. He says that and the West Ham fans love him if he's still there and if he eventually decides to go to Man U or whoever it's fair enough, head was turned, too good an opportunity etc.

Apart from when he was good going forward for Palace last season you mean? :lol:
they'll both move on at some stage of course, but in Rices case it won't be this year. I don't think Diop will either

Probably add Anderson to that list also who's had Liverpool and Madrid looking but I don't think he'll go yet either

at least he doesn't look like someone thinking of leaving

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

phil Jones ?!!?!? that's 20 million OFF the price tag...... :confused::lol::lol::lol:

which is the point I am making mate, you've developed 2 good players, then the big bassas come along and pay big money for them. yes I know you get a good transfer fee, but, all that does is highly inflate the average player market that 1 step below, meaning bang average players are going for stupid amounts !
It’s why youth development is so key - and even then they’ll get poached. I’ve said before (and still believe it tbh) but Id be happy if Safc never paid a transfer fee again. Youth products and free transfers then pump any money we make back into making the youth system as good as we could. Then let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited:
ashley young has played right back many many times-but is he a "recognised right back"

Yes. He's played more at right back than left back 3 seasons in the last 4 including the last one. He is better there too. If not, at what point does he become a recognised right back? Similarly was he not a recognised left back because he'd played hundreds of games in midfield before that?

Back