A19

Thanks for the heads up, won’t be using the A19 for a while but I know to prepare for the cameras after Wessington way turn off when I do use it now.

Anyone know the reason for the congestion on the Northbound towards Testos tonight?

Hoping it was due to a breakdown or something cos if it’s a result of the new layout it’s gonna be a long 18 months....

Fella between the 2 sides just south of Testos was cutting something and sparks were going across both lanes. Loads of people braking and moving lanes wasn’t good.

Anyone know the reason for the congestion on the Northbound towards Testos tonight?

Hoping it was due to a breakdown or something cos if it’s a result of the new layout it’s gonna be a long 18 months....
I came southbound at 8.30am this morning and the northbound queue was bumper to bumper going past Wessington Way (where I came off). I had difficulty getting out of Sunderland last night as the queues to get onto the A19 along Wessington Way went back to near Sainsbury's. The routes up past Town End Farm and over Downhill were terrible as well. Ended up going through Cleadon and Boldon and joining at Boldon Colliery to avoid it altogether - think that may be my new route home for the time being.

I came southbound at 8.30am this morning and the northbound queue was bumper to bumper going past Wessington Way (where I came off). I had difficulty getting out of Sunderland last night as the queues to get onto the A19 along Wessington Way went back to near Sainsbury's. The routes up past Town End Farm and over Downhill were terrible as well. Ended up going through Cleadon and Boldon and joining at Boldon Colliery to avoid it altogether - think that may be my new route home for the time being.

Aye it looks as if it’s going to be constant... until when is the question.

Really can’t be done with it for 18 months...

They should lash up average speed cameras on it's entire length and knock it down to 50.
Changing it to 50mph from Wynyard to Silverlink might actually be a good idea, as much as it pains me to say.
They should also put those "keep 2 chevrons apart" things on the road to encourage leaving some f***ing space.

And they should change a load of sliproads, especially the ones where they have 2 sodding lanes on the sliproad, and nowhere for the cars to go in the 50 yard merge areas.

Those 3 things would make a whopping great difference imo

Changing it to 50mph from Wynyard to Silverlink might actually be a good idea, as much as it pains me to say.
They should also put those "keep 2 chevrons apart" things on the road to encourage leaving some f***ing space.

And they should change a load of sliproads, especially the ones where they have 2 sodding lanes on the sliproad, and nowhere for the cars to go in the 50 yard merge areas.

Promoting driving in the correct lane would do wonders too.

Going to say, I avoid Wessington at all costs these days. Usually go up from North Hylton Rd and join from Washington Road.

I'm finding traffic from Seaham to town along the coast road/Hendon a lot worse on a morning. Always used to have a quick, clear run to work but it's always busy now. Especially as you approach the town.

Going to say, I avoid Wessington at all costs these days. Usually go up from North Hylton Rd and join from Washington Road.

I'm finding traffic from Seaham to town along the coast road/Hendon a lot worse on a morning. Always used to have a quick, clear run to work but it's always busy now. Especially as you approach the town.
I normally dodge up to Washington road from wessington way but it was queuing back from the A19 to ferryboat Lane last night. Grim. The downhill queue must have been at least a mile long to the lights at west Boldon. Seems everyone has wised up to the rat runs now and they’re running out.

Could also put signs up telling people to get off their phones.

Back