A19

Since all the furloughed workers have gone back to work the A19 is still gridlocked. The testos flyover is a big difference mind.

I can"t see the new lanes making any difference on the flyover at peak times especially on the southbound side where it slows down where the lane from Stockton merges into the exit lane for the Boro slip road.
Low level sun at this time of year makes southbound tees flyover worse on a morning too. The direction of the road and incline means its hard to avoid the sun in your eyes. 7:45-8:15 will be awful over the next couple of weeks, just in time for the clocks to change and it to happen again a month later.

The problem with the A19 is the knackers that won't go over 50MPH.
If a wagon needs to overtake a car that's perfectly capable of doing 70 the driver of that car should be banned.
the real bugbear is when you get alongside and they realise they're dawdling then speed up hanging you out to dry. if they stay at 50 it's no big deal, some are quite happy doing that speed.

Even my driving instructor said that if it’s a clear day then there’s no reason not to travel at the speed limit on any road. People who choose to drive at 50 because they’re too scared to go any faster should be banned.

Could be any one of a number of reasons why they are doing it, I’d rather people didn’t do it but it seems to get some on here very worked up.

They cause problems for wagon drivers unless they should only drive 50MPH.
I say 50 some even get as low as 40.

It’s interesting this because most people I speak to who use the A19 daily reckon it’s more like wacky races than people driving below the limit.
The main reason being they’re shit drivers who shouldn’t be allowed near the road.

Quite the presumption there, it’s all interesting how we have so many expert drivers on the SMB.

Last edited:
It’s interesting this because most people I speak to who use the A19 daily reckon it’s more like wacky races than people driving below the limit.

Quite the presumption there, it’s all interesting how we have so many expert drivers on the SMB.
They must think the A19 is a different road or they're not on it at peak times, one thing I've noticed over the years is some people slow down when overtaking wagons, why I've no idea.

They must think the A19 is a different road or they're not on it at peak times, one thing I've noticed over the years is some people slow down when overtaking wagons, why I've no idea.

It’s symptomatic of the world we live in now but when I am driving I try not to worry too much about what others are doing, it can be annoying being stuck behind someone going under the limit but not to the point I’d be as angry about it as you seem to be.

It’s symptomatic of the world we live in now but when I am driving I try not to worry too much about what others are doing, it can be annoying being stuck behind someone going under the limit but not to the point I’d be as angry about it as you seem to be.
Are you in the 50MPH gang?

Back