A19

People need to take those average speed check cameras near Testos more seriously..myself and the bulk of my recent speed awareness course will be.
I've never worried about them much as it's always busy when I come through there so I'm lucky if I can get anywhere near 40.

Left work late the other day and completely forgot about them until I went through the lights without hitting any traffic. Fcuk knars what speed I did... :confused:

I did an awareness course last year. The host said I was the first person who has successfully wound him up and that he had been hosting the courses for years. Winding them up isn't allowed but he still gave me a pass at the end of the course.

Depends on the conditions at the time, if there were workmen around then yes you do.

Was early on a Sunday morning..not a car in sight..you’ve hit the nail on the head with the workmen like.
I've never worried about them much as it's always busy when I come through there so I'm lucky if I can get anywhere near 40.

Left work late the other day and completely forgot about them until I went through the lights without hitting any traffic. Fcuk knars what speed I did... :confused:

I was just over but got the letter about a week later.
I did an awareness course last year. The host said I was the first person who has successfully wound him up and that he had been hosting the courses for years. Winding them up isn't allowed but he still gave me a pass at the end of the course.

To be fair the two lads who did the course were spot on..they made the four hours go over a bit quicker.

Last edited:
Changing it to 50mph from Wynyard to Silverlink might actually be a good idea, as much as it pains me to say.
They should also put those "keep 2 chevrons apart" things on the road to encourage leaving some f***ing space.

And they should change a load of sliproads, especially the ones where they have 2 sodding lanes on the sliproad, and nowhere for the cars to go in the 50 yard merge areas.

Those 3 things would make a whopping great difference imo

make it variable in that case. I drive most of regularly but always later on when there is next to no traffic and zero reason for it to 50mph.

True, but that would cost a fortune that will never be provided

true, but it really should be a system that is used all over. There must be loads of roads where at peak times reducing the speed is sensible as you suggest, but it's only really suitable to be that for 2-3 hours per day.

true, but it really should be a system that is used all over. There must be loads of roads where at peak times reducing the speed is sensible as you suggest, but it's only really suitable to be that for 2-3 hours per day.
That's managed motorways, in a nutshell.

That's managed motorways, in a nutshell.

yea and no, they are more flexible, they can detect traffic flow and adjust the speed of vehicles approaching but still miles away. I am just saying the speed is 50 at these times and 70 at these times. All it needs is electronic signs that change.

Yet stories about these smart motorways seem to suggest people ignoring the speed restrictions anyway.

yea and no, they are more flexible, they can detect traffic flow and adjust the speed of vehicles approaching but still miles away. I am just saying the speed is 50 at these times and 70 at these times. All it needs is electronic signs that change.
All? Building all those signs would cost a bomb.

I do agree with the idea, though.

Both lanes closed northbound just after Dalton Park. About 4 cop cars and some ambulances. Couldn't see any other cars just emergency services.

This was half an hour ago.

Absolute nightmare to get back to Teesside after the game last night
◻️Seaham a19 slip road closed with queues right back to the roundabout so I headed back and took the coast road to the a19
◻️A19 closed at Wynyard and had to go through billingham

3 lanes look completed northbound after the prison yet they’ve still only got 2 open!!

Absolute nightmare to get back to Teesside after the game last night
◻️Seaham a19 slip road closed with queues right back to the roundabout so I headed back and took the coast road to the a19
◻️A19 closed at Wynyard and had to go through billingham

3 lanes look completed northbound after the prison yet they’ve still only got 2 open!!
3 northbound were open tonight mate

Back