A19

Some of the biggest wanker drivers are those who stay in the outside lane (normally quite a way under the speed limit) when there is nothing in the inside lane and no right turn coming up anywhere close. These are normally also the types who claim you are "bullying" them when you get close to them, yet still refuse to move over.

This is the cause of a lot of accidents on dual carriageways or motorways in my opinion. Drivers become annoyed with it and look to undertake which in itself can cause accidents with potential joining traffic.

Says involves cars and a cyclist on BBC traffic. Cycling on the A19 man :confused::confused:

happened a few times between wolviston and boro, they have had to ban cyclists on that stretch now. i remember a few year ago a cyclist got killed at wolviston south a19, wiped out by a lorry 7.15am in the morning... now why would you cycle on the a19 on a work day morning at 7.15am??

happened a few times between wolviston and boro, they have had to ban cyclists on that stretch now. i remember a few year ago a cyclist got killed at wolviston south a19, wiped out by a lorry 7.15am in the morning... now why would you cycle on the a19 on a work day morning at 7.15am??
I'd guess at going to work and an 8am start.

When you experience the Le Mans start scenario that is the slaves working at Doxford Park escaping at 5pm, it's a wonder there is not frequent scuffings at the Doxy/A19 junction. The road markings are shite if you're heading north onto the A19.

it's much more relaxing pottering on with the wagons in the inside lane.
it's great watching the bellends in the outside lane getting angry at the car in front for not pulling over and the driver behind him doing the same and so on.
might get home 10 seconds later but walk in the front door stress free.

Awful horrible road. One of worst in UK imo and I travel country day in, day out
the m60 manchester is my least favourite.

Back