A19

I drive up and down the A19 at least twice a day Monday to Friday and it's nowhere near as bad as people make out on here.

It is like. Travel on it 60 miles every day and it's absolutely shit

Elwick is a joke, going past that diner is a joke, wolvo services is a joke, then the fly over is a joke. Worse than it's ever been.

You travel in rush hour mate
Also where you travel on it makes a massive difference
I travel on it at all times between 06.00 and 18.00. From silverlink down to York. The only bad parts are tees flyover from about 07.35-08.30 and the tunnel. Apart from that it's never any bother really.

50mph with as cameras would speed things up on the flyover for certain
i go over the flyover at least twice a day in the wagon. it's a bizarre stretch of road. i'm sure there's radio waves that knack people's cars on there, there's always something broken down on the crest.
the layout of the road doesn't help but neither do people going north from the a66 who need to join the a19 as soon as the barrier ends despite there being a quarter of a mile to build up the speed to do so without making other cars brake.
imo this is one of the biggest problems, some folk just don't know how to use slip roads.

I travel on it at all times between 06.00 and 18.00. From silverlink down to York. The only bad parts are tees flyover from about 07.35-08.30 and the tunnel. Apart from that it's never any bother really.

Just the bit I drive on every day. Hence the it's absolutely shit comment.

I drive up and down the A19 at least twice a day Monday to Friday and it's nowhere near as bad as people make out on here.

I simply don't agree, the layout of the road itself is inherently dangerous right up that stretch and idiots don't help. Way too many areas where you can cut across both lanes, the A690 has been modified changed to 50mph limit for that very reason.

Worse than being stuck in jams 3 times a week or wondering if a loved one is caught in a crash?

I think not.
How do they change a driver's behaviour? You can have a speed limit of 50 and you'll still have drivers weaving speed cameras are just another way to scam money from people imo

I simply don't agree, the layout of the road itself is inherently dangerous right up that stretch and idiots don't help. Way too many areas where you can cut across both lanes, the A690 has been modified changed to 50mph limit for that very reason.
So the change in speed limit stops people cutting lanes?

it's much more relaxing pottering on with the wagons in the inside lane.
it's great watching the bellends in the outside lane getting angry at the car in front for not pulling over and the driver behind him doing the same and so on.
might get home 10 seconds later but walk in the front door stress free.

the m60 manchester is my least favourite.
I had some bellend reet up my arse end(oo err missus) the other day when I was on the outside lane in very busy traffic. I could not pull in to the left or go any faster due to a line of cars in front of me, so I slowed down from 70 to 50 to piss the fucker off. I f***ing hate aggressive tailgaters and won't put up with their bullying bellendary.:)

Clearly time to make it a 50mph road.

The better answer is a massive expansion into a smart motorway - but being in the north east, it'll never happen. Make it 50, and at least there'll be less accidents and might even help a bit with the traffic in the worst bits

It's awful. I drive to Yorkshire or Manchester a couple of times a week and nearly every time I go down the A19 instead of the A1 it's fucked somewhere, now just go through the roadworks on the A1.

I had some bellend reet up my arse end(oo err missus) the other day when I was on the outside lane in very busy traffic. I could not pull in to the left or go any faster due to a line of cars in front of me, so I slowed down from 70 to 50 to piss the fucker off. I f***ing hate aggressive tailgaters and won't put up with their bullying bellendary.:)
You were doing 70mph?

As someone who uses this every day from Sunderland to Boro I wouldn't have a problem at all with that. So many accidents.

Absolutely detest the road and it's got even worse. The traffic at Wolviston junction is now backing up past elwick regularly on a morning now. Taking me an hour to do 28 miles. Hate it.

I live in Seaham and work in Darlington. Sacked off going across to the A1 at Wynyard a while back because the traffic was a right chew on. Nip over past Wheatley Hill now. Nee bother.

Been doing the A19 since 2005. It's like the wacky races. Whoever designed the exits from Easington services wants f***ing shot. From 0 to 70 separated by a white line. No slip road at all hardly.

Back