A19

On my way back I had a look at how it was and there was a lorry still in the lay by with its bloody lights off, no car though. I don't know if it was the same lorry but I couldn't believe there was something there.
Anyway, on the way home using the A19 to Durham city I counted no fewer than 8! bloody lorries in lay-bys with no lights on or owt. Something has to be done about this. Light them up.

Or even maybe if they just park in the lay by with their sidelights on, this might help.

But why would you decide to take a left into a lay-by at 70mph?
Doesn't really have to be at 70. Although I get your point. Lapse in attention or sleep could have something to do with it. Maybe they just think they'll drive to the end of the lay by and (not seeing the lorry) go right into it.

Doesn't really have to be at 70. Although I get your point. Lapse in attention or sleep could have something to do with it. Maybe they just think they'll drive to the end of the lay by and (not seeing the lorry) go right into it.

surely you wouldn't be going fast enough to cause anything more than a shunt once you're in the lay-by?

Any car that smashes into the back of anything parked off road in a lay-by is doing something seriously wrong.

surely you wouldn't be going fast enough to cause anything more than a shunt once you're in the lay-by?

Any car that smashes into the back of anything parked off road in a lay-by is doing something seriously wrong.
Yeah I think you're right actually. It literally just happened before I passed but I can't work out how it would have happened. Like the other lad says, maybe they fell asleep.

People don't realise how little aggressive driving cuts journey time

I drove to the tip from my house the other day. A bellend in a bmw was swerving in and out of traffic from the Grange accelerating like a twat etc. I just bimbled along as usual and caught the f***ing knob head up at every set of lights. by the time I got in the right hand lane at the old cowies roundabout I went ahead of the left turning wanker. I was tempted to push in front of the car in front of him just for a tortoise hare type scenario but I couldn't be arsed.

I drove to the tip from my house the other day. A bellend in a bmw was swerving in and out of traffic from the Grange accelerating like a twat etc. I just bimbled along as usual and caught the f***ing knob head up at every set of lights. by the time I got in the right hand lane at the old cowies roundabout I went ahead of the left turning wanker. I was tempted to push in front of the car in front of him just for a tortoise hare type scenario but I couldn't be arsed.
It's bloody exciting being you :cool:

There are some right nobheads on the roads.
I like slowing down when I encounter tailgaters who are either thick as fuck for driving too close or are trying to bully cars out of the way.:)

There are some right nobheads on the roads.
I like slowing down when I encounter tailgaters who are either thick as fuck for driving too close or are trying to bully cars out of the way.:)

I drive the alp at work (aerial ladder platform) it's 26 tonnes, 10m long and wide as fuck. People in Chelsea tractors still try and bully their way past me in a head on???

I win every time obviously

Wish my phone had some kind of "driving mode" whereby theres no alerts etc. I know windows phones have something like this but who has those pieces of shite these days??

Should put something in the car that as soon as your phone goes near it it disables any kinds of alerts and calls coming in. would be so much better.
Are you 5 year old or a Priest?

I drive the alp at work (aerial ladder platform) it's 26 tonnes, 10m long and wide as fuck. People in Chelsea tractors still try and bully their way past me in a head on???

I win every time obviously
Last year there was a massive gritter coming up the street, at the best of times two cars have to slow right down to pass. No way anyone was getting past it, so I reversed back round a corner out the way, but some bloke in a Vectra got out of his car and started shouting at the gritter to move. I have no idea where he wanted it to go. The gritter had a massive plough on the front n'all, I'd have just lowered it and knocked the daft twat out the way.

Last year there was a massive gritter coming up the street, at the best of times two cars have to slow right down to pass. No way anyone was getting past it, so I reversed back round a corner out the way, but some bloke in a Vectra got out of his car and started shouting at the gritter to move. I have no idea where he wanted it to go. The gritter had a massive plough on the front n'all, I'd have just lowered it and knocked the daft twat out the way.
I bet you wouldn't

Back