A19

People don't realise how little aggressive driving cuts journey time
This. I used to average about 25-30k business miles in my last job and my boss was always driving at about 100 mph(until he got caught 3 times in a year and nearly lost his license) so we did a test on our next drive to barnsley - he drove as he normally would and i drove about 70-80. we got there within about 10 mins of each other and it was a real eye opener for him.

Wouldn't stop it. Theres too many wankers on the road (in life) these days.
Other than wankers which there is little to be done about I'm referring to those who believe it's acceptable to leave for work so they arrive 1 minute before they start.

This. I used to average about 25-30k business miles in my last job and my boss was always driving at about 100 mph(until he got caught 3 times in a year and nearly lost his license) so we did a test on our next drive to barnsley - he drove as he normally would and i drove about 70-80. we got there within about 10 mins of each other and it was a real eye opener for him.
Depends on the time of day.

If you are travelling around 200 miles you can knock 30 mins off your ETA travelling 85-95 mph. Only if the roads are quiet though.

If it's busy you have no chance

Ive driven the country for years doing to 4 hour journeys like water of a ducks back, I average a mile per minute, and that how I plan

A19 is a nightmare in both directions. Tees Flyover to A689 I do everyday and its f***ing ridiculous the amount of accidents and tail backs.Its most days.

I was at that incident, I can confirm there was no injuries (christ knows how)

Top tip if your car claps out on a fast Road get out as soon as possible and get over the barriers. Don't fuck about trying to fix it or stay in cos it's raining or cold. 2 people are going to have a merry Christmas because they did just that.

Stay safe people ;)

my niece, her husband and 2 children were on their way to Germany, when their car broke down. everybody out of the car and on the bank. as they turned round an artic thundered into their car and wrote it off. all be dead if they didn't get out.

Anywhere else in the country it would've been upgraded to Motorway with 3 lanes in either direction. Even an upgrade to motorway restrictions between certain times would make a big difference.
Not really mate the a38 between Derby and brum is dual carriageway and much the same.

There are sections that have reduced speeds though.

same here Heeeed, no matter how daft you drive your journey will nearly always average 50-60 mph

mobile phone use is banned so I find it quite relaxing these days

Wish my phone had some kind of "driving mode" whereby theres no alerts etc. I know windows phones have something like this but who has those pieces of shite these days??

Should put something in the car that as soon as your phone goes near it it disables any kinds of alerts and calls coming in. would be so much better.

Wish my phone had some kind of "driving mode" whereby theres no alerts etc. I know windows phones have something like this but who has those pieces of shite these days??

Should put something in the car that as soon as your phone goes near it it disables any kinds of alerts and calls coming in. would be so much better.

Put it into Airplane mode or turn the sound off. Unless your using it as a SatNav too.

Do not disturb mode mate - it's on most modern phones now.

It's not the speed. It's people flying across the lanes as they join the road which is the bigger problem.

Hylton bridge is like a death trap.

There's a good half mile, possibly closer to a mile stretch from the chester le street slip road up to the 1231 turn off, yet people insist on either getting across as early as possible, or as late as possible, instead of just waiting for a big enough gap!

Back