A Strong Durham.....

Makes for a strong England.

FTECB take note, of the Four Test Matches - Durham players were MoM in Two of them (Stokes & Wood)

Man of the Series - Ben Stokes (DURHAM)

Yet the bastards that run the game would like to get rid of us.

f***ing hell man we have just won a series away from home 3 1, can you just not enjoy it?
Well done England and well done the ECB for winning soo well in South Africa.

Last edited:
f***ing hell man we have just won a series away from home 3 1, can you just not enjoy it?
Well done England and well done the ECB for winning soo well in South Africa.

Which part of that thread gave you the impression I’m not enjoying it??

Why well done the ECB? They weren’t playing in this series, it was England Cricket. Different entity.

Which part of that thread gave you the impression I’m not enjoying it??

Why well done the ECB? They weren’t playing in this series, it was England Cricket. Different entity.

On the same day England win a away series 3 1 , hours later you finding a angle from that to call the ECB bastards , rather than just enjoying our win and congratulations to everyone involved, obsessed comes to mind, plus never realised they wanted to get rid of Durham when did they announce that?

On the same day England win a away series 3 1 , hours later you finding a angle from that to call the ECB bastards , rather than just enjoying our win and congratulations to everyone involved, obsessed comes to mind, plus never realised they wanted to get rid of Durham when did they announce that?

You’re one of the worst WUM’s on here like. What an absolute cretin you are too for CONSTANTLY defending FTECB. Are you Colin Graves’ grandson or something?

Bang on Brandon. Collingwood as coach and they have also started to get Carse involved at Lions level. It's a shame how they treated the club especially when you look at this. Also look at Stokes, Plunkett and Wood in the summer. A healthy Durham benefits the national team and it's a shame the powers have put the club back years but I've said all along Durham will be back and remain sure of that. Oh and well done England before I get told off

Bang on Brandon. Collingwood as coach and they have also started to get Carse involved at Lions level. It's a shame how they treated the club especially when you look at this. Also look at Stokes, Plunkett and Wood in the summer. A healthy Durham benefits the national team and it's a shame the powers have put the club back years but I've said all along Durham will be back and remain sure of that. Oh and well done England before I get told off

Aye, well said marra. Mental how the bloke uninterested in county cricket thinks he has a right to tell us county cricket followers what we can and can’t say about county cricket.

Mind his hundred is starting soon so he can crack on with talking about that, in his one man echo chamber.

Aye, well said marra. Mental how the bloke uninterested in county cricket thinks he has a right to tell us county cricket followers what we can and can’t say about county cricket.

Mind his hundred is starting soon so he can crack on with talking about that, in his one man echo chamber.
Whenever I think about what went on I ask myself this... "Would the ECB punish Middlesex or Surrey in the same manner"? I think we all know the answer. Delighted to see Stokes and Wood doing well as it reflects well on our club.

The term bastard is not being used literally -it's used to describe a person or body who acts in a wholly unreasonable or disproportionate manner. Sanctions imposed on Durham were such as has been subsequently proved by other Counties i.e. Glamorgan and Northants not receiving similar sanctions for similar financial mismanagement. That clearly implies that ECB has an agenda against Durham whose Academy both Stokes and Wood referenced when interviewed after receiving their awards today.
Credit for the success in South Africa is down solely to the players ,coaching staff and selectors, none of whom are part of ECB directorate. A more pertinent question is why do you constantly defend ECB?

The term bastard is not being used literally -it's used to describe a person or body who acts in a wholly unreasonable or disproportionate manner. Sanctions imposed on Durham were such as has been subsequently proved by other Counties i.e. Glamorgan and Northants not receiving similar sanctions for similar financial mismanagement. That clearly implies that ECB has an agenda against Durham whose Academy both Stokes and Wood referenced when interviewed after receiving their awards today.
Credit for the success in South Africa is down solely to the players ,coaching staff and selectors, none of whom are part of ECB directorate. A more pertinent question is why do you constantly defend ECB?

Don’t really defend them, just sick of the constant twisting about them all the time, even hours after a fanastic victory once again it’s turned towards having a go at them.

But yeah of course you right the victory is down to the people you have mentioned.
You’re one of the worst WUM’s on here like. What an absolute cretin you are too for CONSTANTLY defending FTECB. Are you Colin Graves’ grandson or something?

I am not a wind up at all, yes I am opinionated and enjoy craic about cricket and most sports and enjoy the debate, once again you true colours come through calling me a cretin for simply having the opposite opinion to yourself, happens to often.

Every chance you get and every opportunity you turn nearly everything that happens in English cricket to have a go at the ECB and I just find it very tiresome and just putting that opinion across.

Last edited:
Don’t really defend them, just sick of the constant twisting about them all the time, even hours after a fanastic victory once again it’s turned towards having a go at them.

But yeah of course you right the victory is down to the people you have mentioned.

I am not a wind up at all, yes I am opinionated and enjoy craic about cricket and most sports and enjoy the debate, once again you true colours come through calling me a cretin for simply having the opposite opinion to yourself, happens to often.

Every chance you get and every opportunity you turn nearly everything that happens in English cricket to have a go at the ECB and I just find it very tiresome and just putting that opinion across.
Not so sure that constant criticism is justified but as with any bully, which ECB have been to Durham, any opportunity to avenge the bully is perfectly understandable and justifiable. Mystified that any loyal supporter would feel otherwise.

Not so sure that constant criticism is justified but as with any bully, which ECB have been to Durham, any opportunity to avenge the bully is perfectly understandable and justifiable. Mystified that any loyal supporter would feel otherwise.

I am not a loyal supporter of Durham though ,I am looking very much from imo a unbiased view, and what prompted me to post was within a couple of hours of a brilliant victory, somehow a angle is found from that to yet again have a go at them.

Even a brilliant England victory is turned into having a go at the ECB, its quite a art.

Last edited:

End of thread. Well, it wouldn’t be if Voice of Treason replies to the question, but he’ll not admit to it.......

He admits himself he’s not a fan of Durham - which makes it stranger when you think he seems to have plenty to say about us.

Last edited:
Even a brilliant England victory is turned into having a go at the ECB, its quite a art.
Likewise once Durham start achieving again, i'll be having a go at the FTECB for what they have put everyone thorough at the club (staff, fans everyone). We'll be back but what's happened won't be forgotten. You've seen what Durham achieve both domestically and at an international level. For me it boiled down to one thing and one thing only.... Jealousy. Would this happen to Surrey or Middlesex... Not a chance.
Subtle irony watching Durham lads doing well for England because the next crop will take a lot longer to come through (if ever) because of the way we've been treated.

Last edited:
I am looking very much from imo a unbiased view

:lol:

The thing is, anyone with half a brain cell would appreciate that this is indeed the PERFECT time to raise what is so clearly a very pertinent issue. Stokes and Wood as I argued, were MoM in half the Test Matches in the Series, Stokes was MAN of the SERIES. So it is abundantly clear (again, to anyone with a modicum of sense) that Durham have a very important role to play with regards the health and wellbeing of the England cricket team.

There is no time at all more pertinent to remind folk of that, than after such a fantastic achievement for the individuals involved and for ‘Team England’.

If they took no wickets and scored no runs, the point wouldn’t hold as much water would it?

We get that you don’t care about Durham, so if you’re so sick of seeing your precious ECB (rightly) slaughtered on these pages - why don’t you just ignore it? You seem to make a lot of noise for someone who has no interest at all in Durham CCC and County Cricket mind......

Stick me, GMN1F and Parkside on ignore, then anyone else you see who throws mud at the poor little ECB - it’ll get very quiet and very lonely on here then mind.

I am not a loyal supporter of Durham though ,I am looking very much from imo a unbiased view, and what prompted me to post was within a couple of hours of a brilliant victory, somehow a angle is found from that to yet again have a go at them.

Personally I can't enjoy any game unless I have an allegiance to one particular side but being loyal and unbiased aren't mutually exclusive. The Cricket Society, a hugely respected gathering of cricket followers representing a huge cross-section of the game, are constantly scathing about almost every aspect of ECB and universally critical of the draconian sanctions on Durham.
It appears that you are alone in not being able to perceive the utter incompetence of ECB; once again, everyone out of step except your good self.
Play devil's advocate if you wish but back up your viewpoint with evidence.

I find the whole thing it would not happen to other counties quite embarrassing tbh.

I find this it’s only our club the authorities pick on just biased and blinkered.

It’s the same on the football thread all I read on there for years was refs are cowards and cave it to big crowds when we were the away team.

Now apparently that we are the big club with the big crowds in league one refs have suddenly turned and are coming to the SOL determined to stand up to the big crowd and will still get no decisions!

This it’s only Sunderland and only Durham that get picked on is simply bias nonsense imo.

Yet despite all the discussions not one single person has come up with a sensible REASON why they would pick on just Sunderland and Durham and the best that they have come up with is they jealous!
It’s happened for years both on the cricket threads but mostly on the football threads this ‘we treated diffrent from other teams’

‘ It would not happen to this team it would not happen to that team’

It’s bias nonsense imo
Personally I can't enjoy any game unless I have an allegiance to one particular side but being loyal and unbiased aren't mutually exclusive. The Cricket Society, a hugely respected gathering of cricket followers representing a huge cross-section of the game, are constantly scathing about almost every aspect of ECB and universally critical of the draconian sanctions on Durham.
It appears that you are alone in not being able to perceive the utter incompetence of ECB; once again, everyone out of step except your good self.
Play devil's advocate if you wish but back up your viewpoint with evidence.

It’s not soo much defending the ECB this assumption I am defending them is not really the case.

It’s more sick of fans of both cricket and footballl thinking authorities in general have it in for them two clubs which I disagree with.

Last edited:

Back