A Strong Durham.....

That's an opinion which everyone is entitled to but to have credibility it needs to be backed by evidence.

I think base their opinions of their observations and and my observations of reading posts on here mainly the football thread tbf is that people are incredibly biased and see things through red and white glasses.

Obviously there is varying levels of this, but of course people are biased.
I agree with you actually, find all this FTECB stuff pretty tedious to be honest.

Would the same have applied to Surrey or Middlesex, probably not but Durham weren’t entirely blameless either.

As ever though with an agenda comes undoubted bias. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

It’s not the criticism of the ECB I object too,I accept that’s only natural after what happened to Durham.

It’s the constant reference and twisting at every opportunity by certain posters.

If we had lost that series the ECB would have been blamed for focusing on white ball cricket.

However we won the series but yet a angle was found yet again to have a go at them.

Last edited:

That's an opinion which everyone is entitled to but to have credibility it needs to be backed by evidence.
Exactly fact+reasoning.

And I am not a fan of the ECB because I don't think they are (or have not been) a good custodian of English Cricket.

ie

Introducing a shorter form with bizarre rules will impact negatively on existing forms whether it succeeds or fails.
Franchises themselves are an attack on the County system.
Relegating standard County Cricket to the periphery of the season will not develop skills necessary to play Test Cricket, the highest form of the game.

I think base their opinions of their observations and and my observations of reading posts on here mainly the football thread tbf is that people are incredibly biased and see things through red and white glasses.

Obviously there is varying levels of this, but of course people are biased.

It’s not the criticism of the ECB I object too,I accept that’s only natural after what happened to Durham.

It’s the constant reference and twisting at every opportunity by certain posters.

If we had lost that series the ECB would have been blamed for focusing on white ball cricket.

However we won the series but yet a angle was found yet again to have a go at them.
It's neither constant nor at every opportunity.
England have focused on white ball cricket-it was Strauss' stated focus on taking office- and I think it would be true to say it has been to the detriment of red ball cricket. Had we lost a series to a very moderate South African side it would have been because we hadn't fully recovered from that emphasis.
Standards in red ball cricket have undoubtedly been affected by ECBs marginalizing of red ball cricket during the season, had we lost the series it would have been fair comment to direct criticism at ECB.
The generic term ECB on here refers specifically to the autocratic Graves and Harrison -they don't deserve any credit for the victory.

It's neither constant nor at every opportunity.
England have focused on white ball cricket-it was Strauss' stated focus on taking office- and I think it would be true to say it has been to the detriment of red ball cricket. Had we lost a series to a very moderate South African side it would have been because we hadn't fully recovered from that emphasis.
Standards in red ball cricket have undoubtedly been affected by ECBs marginalizing of red ball cricket during the season, had we lost the series it would have been fair comment to direct criticism at ECB.
The generic term ECB on here refers specifically to the autocratic Graves and Harrison -they don't deserve any credit for the victory.

Which is my point and why I commented on the thread on the first place, if we lost against against a poor South Africa it would have been correct to criticise them I agree totally, for the reasons you have stated.

However we won yet within hours of that victory a thread is started calling them bastards.

By all means criticise where deserved and you have fairly put across points where they deserve criticism, however even when we have won and the conversation is not about them, a thread is still started having a go at them!

So while you may not be having a go at them all the time, unless I can’t read certain other posters are and like another poster said I find that tedious.

That’s not been a WUM that’s just my opinion, I respect yours may be diffrent.

Last edited:
Which is my point and why I commented on the thread on the first place, if we lost against against a poor South Africa it would have been correct to criticise them I agree totally, for the reasons you have stated.

However we won yet within hours of that victory a thread is started calling them bastards.

By all means criticise where deserved and you have fairly put across points where they deserve criticism, however even when we have won and the conversation is not about them, a thread is still started having a go at them!

So while you may not be having a go at them all the time, unless I can’t read certain other posters are and like another poster said I find that tedious.

That’s not been a WUM that’s just my opinion, I respect yours may be diffrent.
I find It astonishing that if you find it so tedious you continue to discuss it.

Back