A place in the Sun

What happens is someones parent dies, they flog the house and say right: £150k to spend, lets gan for it. When they don't get a hilltop mansion with sea views and an olympic sized pool we get 'Terry and Tricia decided not to put an offer in on the 2 bed terraced townhouse and are still looking'.
Nor. It is usually "we have a budget of 250k"

"thia is a little bit over budget at 320k but look what you could have"

Piss off jonjo, my eyes aren't painted on you slimy twat.

It's the one about movin to Oz that winds me up.

"Here are the Davis family. They've never set foot in Austrialia, but have seen it on Neighbours and think it looks sunny. However they are worried about being so far away from their family but have decided to move their entire family half way across the world because they think it will be better than Staines".

"Ooh, I never realised it would be this hot/cold/expensive/far away/spidery/racist".

GO TO AUSTRALIA FIRST YOU SCRATTERS.

"Here are the Davis family. They've never set foot in Austrialia, but have seen it on Neighbours and think it looks sunny. However they are worried about being so far away from their family but have decided to move their entire family half way across the world because they think it will be better than Staines".

"Ooh, I never realised it would be this hot/cold/expensive/far away/spidery/racist".

Then they all spin their little but of cardboard. Always one prick who goes against the grain

talking about a Place In The Sun, if anybody ever comes across the original movie poster from early 50's of film with Clift/Taylor... worth over a grand these days!? ... some movie posters (even if free to cinemas when initially released) are worth thousands these days!!! :eek:

Wonder if those lasses are on Commision ?

They paint a rosy picture of what can be made by renting out, but when all factors are considered it's a load of bollox .

Apart from that anybody who offers to buy a property in Spain or France needs their heads looking at if they commit themselves before getting it checked out with a surveyor and the escritura checked out with an Independant lawyer and even then they can get stung.

Actually I’d never set foot in Australia when I moved Mrs K and (then) Mstr K half way around the wotld as I thought it would be better than Northampton. Been here eleven years next Tuesday like and we still have no regrets.

Back