A nice thread to post nice things of when your kids made you proud.

My lad who is nine gets dropped off at breakfast club at 8am every school day. Couple weeks ago a mother of a younger child was having big problems getting her kid into school. My lad without being prompted walked over and calmly spoke to the little one which calmed him down. He then took him into school to play with the lego. Telling him he would look after him.
Now the younger child races into school to see my lad on a morning.
Receiving a message from the mother telling me and my misses how our lad is one of the nicest most polite kids she has ever met and how her young son looks up to him made we burst with pride.

Just to bump this thread. Tonight my son has been called up to the under 11s for a game at Bradford a week on Saturday. He's only 8 but they have said they think he's ready and happy to move him up. I couldn't be prouder, he puts so much into it and he's getting his rewards. He started crying tears of happiness when I told him.
My Grandson plays for Spennymoor boys, he's 8 and always the smallest on the pitch . When I listen to him telling me about Spennymoor Towns senior team away games his dad takes him to his enthusiasm is marvellous . He goes on as if they were Barcelona . He's a lovely bairn but watching him play in black and white stripes is depressing .
My lad who is nine gets dropped off at breakfast club at 8am every school day. Couple weeks ago a mother of a younger child was having big problems getting her kid into school. My lad without being prompted walked over and calmly spoke to the little one which calmed him down. He then took him into school to play with the lego. Telling him he would look after him.
Now the younger child races into school to see my lad on a morning.
Receiving a message from the mother telling me and my misses how our lad is one of the nicest most polite kids she has ever met and how her young son looks up to him made we burst with pride.
That's all you'll ever need to know mate .

Last edited:
My son beat Meningitis when he was 2 years old and survived a life threatening tumour in his leg when he was 15 years old which he was convinced would stop him ever playing football again.
Was absolutely butchered by surgery to save his life but has managed to rehabilitate with plastic surgery, rehab and hard work.
Now in full time employment and managing to play 5 a side at a high level, which I never ever thought would be possible

My Grandson plays for Spennymoor boys, he's 8 and always the smallest on the pitch . When I listen to him telling me about Spennymoor Towns senior team away games his dad takes him to his enthusiasm is marvellous . He goes on as if they were Barcelona . He's a lovely bairn but watching him play in black and white stripes is depressing .
It certainly is.

That's all you'll ever need to know mate .
[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Said this a couple of times previously, but hey ho...

Watching the World Darts Final on tele a few years ago & Gary Anderson having a nightmare spell during it where he just couldn’t hit a double.
He’s my sons favourite player so he was having a right go at him, shouting at him to raise his game, sort himself out, you’re gonna get beat etc..

Me :
“He can’t actually hear you you know”

My young son (after a few seconds quizzical considered thought) :
“Gary Anderson’s deaf??”

Oh the sheer beauty & naivety of youthful thinking.
Proud as punch.

Last edited:
I was reading my 8 year old son The Twits last night, one of the birds in it says “I do beg your pardon”, my son immediately chipped in, “we are in your garden”. As a huge Bob Mortimer fan, this made me very proud. If you know you know.

I also caught him the other day, swinging on a home made swing made from scarves in the passageway, singing to himself “boats and hoes!”

My 6 year old daughter starting to speak. It's been hard a slog with lots of tears and frustration but shes starting to say a few words. Saying that, hearing that she now has to go from main stream school to a 'special' school broke both her mams and my heart but we know it's for the best.

On top of that we also found out a boy had been abusing her in the school library. Shes an easy target as she cant talk. That nearly tipped me over the edge and I would of killed him if he hadn't been moved out of area.

But every day she does something that fills my heart with pride.

We adopted a 4yo in February. The lad never had the best start in life and it can be a emotional and confusing time for everyone so God knows what goes through a 4yo mind in this time. He was wandering around the house the other day and said to us both in a calm and cool manor 'I've decided I love you both very much and decided I want to live here forever'

Had a few tears with a touch of pride

(Side note, he's been a little shit today :lol: )

We adopted a 4yo in February. The lad never had the best start in life and it can be a emotional and confusing time for everyone so God knows what goes through a 4yo mind in this time. He was wandering around the house the other day and said to us both in a calm and cool manor 'I've decided I love you both very much and decided I want to live here forever'

That's superb. You're both doing something right.

Must be a great feeling that

That’s f***ing brilliant.
Best of luck to you all .

I don't know is proud the right word here, but I don't think it's worthy of starting a thread of it's own. Our 6 year old has been asking us for the last few weeks when is the Elf (on the shelf) going to come, because seemingly, some kids in his class already had theirs. In November. 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, we all went away for a night on Saturday & amazingly, the elf landed in his room while we were away. When we got back, we sent the small boy up to his room to get a coat for when we take the dog for a walk. I swear to God, you honestly would not believe the excitement when he realised that the elf was in his room. I'm talking off the wall shit. I wouldn't do it justice by trying to put it into words. It just made me realise how innocent kids are in general. It was fantastic to watch. & the best part is, we have a 2 year old that we can go through it all over again with.

Man, I wish I was that innocent again.

I've just had another. She wants to come home from University a week early as she's missing home. I guess we did something right even if she didn't see it from behind her phone
I don't know is proud the right word here, but I don't think it's worthy of starting a thread of it's own. Our 6 year old has been asking us for the last few weeks when is the Elf (on the shelf) going to come, because seemingly, some kids in his class already had theirs. In November. 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, we all went away for a night on Saturday & amazingly, the elf landed in his room while we were away. When we got back, we sent the small boy up to his room to get a coat for when we take the dog for a walk. I swear to God, you honestly would not believe the excitement when he realised that the elf was in his room. I'm talking off the wall shit. I wouldn't do it justice by trying to put it into words. It just made me realise how innocent kids are in general. It was fantastic to watch. & the best part is, we have a 2 year old that we can go through it all over again with.

Man, I wish I was that innocent again.
Kids are topper. The simple things are heart warming

Last edited:
One of my mrs friends young ones was diagnosed with Leukemia baout a year ago(all on the mend now thankfully) and my 8 year old daughter saw an advert for the little princess trust and decided off her own back to get her hair cut short that she hadnt had cut in over 5 years! We then donated the hair to the little princess trust who make wigs for children who are suffering from cancer.

I was so proud of her and still am - we raised over £500 for the hospital that treated the mrs friends kid. Shes also said recently that when her hair gets long again she wants to get it cut and donate it again.

My daughter fell pregnant when she was 16 and either was too scared to tell me and her mam who were going through a divorce or actually didn't know she was pregnant. Had a little boy who is now 10 month old and she is back at 6th form training to be an accountant and has her driving test next week everything crossed for her for that. She makes me proud every day for what she has overcome and where she is heading. She is o proper young mam who deals with it all brilliantly. Grit in my eyes as I type this as well

Back