A nice thread to post nice things of when your kids made you proud.

Slow joe

Winger
Please add your proud parent moments.

My son has really taken to ice hockey and yesterday he played his first games for the U9s. They played 3 won 3 and not only did he score a goal but was also awarded player of his team. I'm not even ashamed to admit I started crying when I seen him get his trophy, he's put so much into it and that was his reward for his efforts.

My son has really taken to ice hockey and yesterday he played his first games for the U9s. They played 3 won 3 and not only did he score a goal but was also awarded player of his team. I'm not even ashamed to admit I started crying when I seen him get his trophy, he's put so much into it and that was his reward for his efforts.
Can’t beat that feeling. Well done to the kid.

There's lots of things getting in eyes on this thread! 😉

My eldest daughter plays footie and had to change teams mid way through last season as it wasn't working out at her old team and she lost all confidence in her ability to play. She joined a new team further away from home and knew nobody. Cried at her first training session, but stuck it out and in July won the "Player of the Season" award. Very proud.

My youngest has just started reception class and goes in to school without crying. This makes me proud as she used to be hysterical pretty much every time she went to the nursery. Having that from September to July was certainly a challenge!

again posted nextdoor back in august
a nobel peace prize winner rang up and asked if she could take my eldest(then 14) to dinner to talk to her regarding her views on world peace......she was subsequently flown to the states where she addressed the likes of kofi annan,desmond tutu, the dalai lama, various UN bods and assorted world leaders on the same subject

Well done to him. Used to love playing ice hockey when I was a lad

Sometimes it's the little things.
I used to sing my kids to sleep every night, and after we'd done a few nursery rhymes and kids songs, I'd do some soul or R'n'B and stuff. I tried 'Inca Roads' by Zappa a few times, and it is ridiculously hard, with some mad vocal intervals and timings. Then one day I heard the youngest (about 4), sitting on the can with the bathroom door open, singing 'Inca Roads' to himself, and making a fair job of it! If you don't tell them it's hard, they will have a go anyway :D. Made my heart swell a bit.

again posted nextdoor back in august
a nobel peace prize winner rang up and asked if she could take my eldest(then 14) to dinner to talk to her regarding her views on world peace......she was subsequently flown to the states where she addressed the likes of kofi annan,desmond tutu, the dalai lama, various UN bods and assorted world leaders on the same subject
Class that !

Too much to mention mate. As I told you before I had two that played for years and there are man of the match awards, tournament winners medals,
GB final winners medals all over.
At the same time as playing hockey they have both played cricket to good standard and again there are medals a plenty, 5 fors, big scores, doubty last man defences, both played with and like men since age 13, played in line to test quick bowlers while still juniors. That's just the sports, then theres universities, careers and families now they're up.
To put it in ice hockey terms what I was always most proud of about their game wasn't the awards or trophies won, it was the fact they would always "go into the corners" if that's where the Puck was, no hesitation, no matter the opposition and graft as hard as they could in there without cross checking or but ending. They still do that in life in general. Can't ask more

The boy is not yet 5 but been asked to go and train with his footy clubs 7-9 age group, was a bit worried about letting him because of the size diff but first session he looked like he belonged - listening to the other parents praising him swelled the pride
You forgot to mention that he can also down 10 pints and take sly photos of lasses boobs just like his fatha

Back