A nice thread to post nice things of when your kids made you proud.

Sometimes it's the little things.
I used to sing my kids to sleep every night, and after we'd done a few nursery rhymes and kids songs, I'd do some soul or R'n'B and stuff. I tried 'Inca Roads' by Zappa a few times, and it is ridiculously hard, with some mad vocal intervals and timings. Then one day I heard the youngest (about 4), sitting on the can with the bathroom door open, singing 'Inca Roads' to himself, and making a fair job of it! If you don't tell them it's hard, they will have a go anyway :D. Made my heart swell a bit.
I was at the check out in Morrisons a few weeks back & my 3yr old was next to the packing but, walking round in circles singing something under her breath. I asked her what she was singing. “Hello, I love you, wont you tell me your name”. She’s cool as fuck :cool:

Caught her singing Bad Manners the other day & was just watching a video this morning of her sitting in her car seat doing the intro to One Step Beyond.

When i turned up to pick up my 12-year old after he'd played a 2nd team game for our cricket club - his first senior game. I was collared by two of the old 'cardboard cutouts' who watch all of our home games.

"Brilliant!"
"Never seen owt like it"
"He's going to be a good hand,him"

He'd apparently marched out at number 11 to face the opposition's opening bowler - just a stocky little kid, wearing all the protective gear.

Took his guard, then punched his first ball through the covers for four. Repeated the shot next ball for two, then square-cut his fourth ball for four. Was part of a 31 partnership for the last wicket. Gutsy little bugger - no fear whatsoever. Our lot eventually won the game by 18 runs, so that partnership was vital.

Three years later he scored his first senior level century and got his name on the weekly NEPL honours board and I was proud as punch but it still didn't compare to that little cameo on his senior debut.

Without rocking the boat ,I'm chuffed to bits for my son in lots of ways every day
He's always been a diamond and turning into a lovely young man but I'm proud for him not me . He's doing the stuff not me .
I'm proud of myself for things I've done occasionally

I was at the check out in Morrisons a few weeks back & my 3yr old was next to the packing but, walking round in circles singing something under her breath. I asked her what she was singing. “Hello, I love you, wont you tell me your name”. She’s cool as fuck :cool:

Caught her singing Bad Manners the other day & was just watching a video this morning of her sitting in her car seat doing the intro to One Step Beyond.
:D :D :D Wish I could like that more than once!

Every day I see them I’m proud as punch of both of them. Yesterday surprising my youngest by taking him to buy a new guitar, he’s taught himself how to play the bass, he’s sitting in the shop trying the guitar and knocking out a bit of Metallica...got some dust in my eye, cost me £200 more than I wanted it to like but worth every penny to see him play
Nothing else matters.
Not my kids, but my youngest 2 granddaughter's, 8 & 4.

Took them to a restaurant yesterday lunch time and a woman from the table next to us upon leaving came over and complimented them on how well behaved they are.

an old german couple went out of their way to tell us that a few year back, meant a lot. Kids would have been about 2,4 n 7.

Last edited:
Just to bump this thread. Tonight my son has been called up to the under 11s for a game at Bradford a week on Saturday. He's only 8 but they have said they think he's ready and happy to move him up. I couldn't be prouder, he puts so much into it and he's getting his rewards. He started crying tears of happiness when I told him.

Just to bump this thread. Tonight my son has been called up to the under 11s for a game at Bradford a week on Saturday. He's only 8 but they have said they think he's ready and happy to move him up. I couldn't be prouder, he puts so much into it and he's getting his rewards. He started crying tears of happiness when I told him.
Fantastic, good on him 👏👍

Class.

Back