A nice thread to post nice things of when your kids made you proud.

Please add your proud parent moments.

My son has really taken to ice hockey and yesterday he played his first games for the U9s. They played 3 won 3 and not only did he score a goal but was also awarded player of his team. I'm not even ashamed to admit I started crying when I seen him get his trophy, he's put so much into it and that was his reward for his efforts.

Superb lad well done.
Mind you with the Arctic conditions of Whitley Bay he could get plenty of practice in even during the summer. :)

again posted nextdoor back in august
a nobel peace prize winner rang up and asked if she could take my eldest(then 14) to dinner to talk to her regarding her views on world peace......she was subsequently flown to the states where she addressed the likes of kofi annan,desmond tutu, the dalai lama, various UN bods and assorted world leaders on the same subject
Alright Mr Thunberg, how's it going?

Alright Mr Thunberg, how's it going?
😂 it had crossed my mind of late the similarities mind. Sadly the whole world youth peace movement she became involved with(peace jam iirc) became hijacked by the american religious right and after she went to a conference in Denver she couldnt put up with it anymore

Last edited:
😂 it had crossed my mind of late the similarities mind. Sadly the whole world youth peace movement she became involved with(peace jam iirc) became hijacked by the american religious right and after she went to a conference in Denver she couldnt put up with it anymore
Still, a f***ing class effort no matter the outcome. Congratulations to her and to you. She's clearly destined for great things.
Still, a f***ing class effort no matter the outcome. Congratulations to her and to you. She's clearly destined for great things.
Actually, is it your girl that is doing the footy kit stuff? If so, 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

My 6 year old daughter climbed up nearly 40ft on her first climbing lesson. I'm scared of heights
They have no fear! I've done a bit of climbing and it always astonished me how kids under about 10 were straight up the wall, no bother. They are being told by the adults that they will be caught if they fall, so there's no danger in their eyes. Whereas me, in my late 20s and with no particular fear of heights, I freeze halfway up the wall and can't keep going. :lol:

I don't have kids but my 11-year-old sister is a regular source of pride for me. Particularly when she shows he showoff kids (mostly boys) what's what on the football field. :)

My daughter is a paramedic student - in the second year now. She's already done about 600 hours on the ambulance so far, been to car crashes, births and all sorts.

I've mentioned her on here before, but then I tell everyone about her because I'm so proud of her...
I could never do that job cause I go weak at the knees at the sight of blood. I've got loads of respect for the emergency services.

Back