A Judge with a Brain, finally

He killed someone driving dangerously in a supermarket car park.

No answer? Yes, you said he should get off. Custodial sentence is usual in these cases.
No I didn't say he should get off, that's just made up bullshit. Get your facts straight, I said a different type of punishment should be used.
Do you just imagine what people have written and respond to that? It's a bit weird.

Just how unlikely this must be should be a clue as to why the sentence was seemingly harsh.
It was either dangerous driving or it wasnt.
No I didn't say he should get off, that's just made up bullshit. Get your facts straight, I said a different type of punishment should be used.
Do you just imagine what people have written and respond to that? It's a bit weird.
Get off from being put away which is what would happen in the circumstances.
I'm aware of that.

What does jailing him achieve that a driving ban and suspended sentence doesn't?
That could be said of many many jail terms.
It depends if you think the sentence may deter other oldies from getting behind the wheel and killing people.

Last edited:
You obviously mean accident in a legal sense as opossed to an incident caused by negligence in which you're correct.

You've however taken what I've said out of context which I'm pretty sure you're aware of. I've already replied that he was at fault and was using the word to describe his lack of intent which is also correct.

There is a fault or responsibility for almost everything we ever do. We are humans and make mistakes (negligence). We should face the consequences for them, but at the same time an acknowledgement should be made of intent or lack of.

I still can't decide whether you are a wum or just stupid. Maybe both? I will watch with interest :lol:
On that basis , nobody would be found guilty of man slaughter .
If you hurt someone because you are poor at something or carry out an act then you should face the consequences no matter how old you are. If someone goes on the roads knowing any part of the car or their driving isn’t upto it and something happened then they should be held accountable like this bloke was. You get judged by your peers and if this was my family member killed I would expect him to be sent down

On that basis , nobody would be found guilty of man slaughter .
If you hurt someone because you are poor at something or carry out an act then you should face the consequences no matter how old you are. If someone goes on the roads knowing any part of the car or their driving isn’t upto it and something happened then they should be held accountable like this bloke was. You get judged by your peers and if this was my family member killed I would expect him to be sent down
I agree with what you've said but not the prison sentence.

It was an accident and can't see how prison helps anyone in this case. It's not the responsibility of anyone to take someone's keys away really. We should have a quick re-test every couple of years when we're older to make sure people are safe to drive. He shouldn't have been driving but I bet he was devastated.

A quick test every 5 years for everyone else as well. Not a big one, but just to show safe driving and awareness.
I agree with your point about a test at some point in later life however someone yes can take your keys away. Courts need to be able to. Large majority of drivers out there have no regard for other peoples lives and people underestimate the calculated risks that this includes and the mess it leaves behind
I agree with what you've said but not the prison sentence.

Death by dangerous for example someone fails to stop and in turn kills a innocent member of the public?

Last edited:
I agree with your point about a test at some point in later life however someone yes can take your keys away. Courts need to be able to. Large majority of drivers out there have no regard for other peoples lives and people underestimate the calculated risks that this includes and the mess it leaves behind

Death by dangerous for example someone fails to stop and in turn kills a innocent member of the public?
A quick assessment should be enough to sort some of the worst drivers out. People that drive like arseholes (BMW drivers etc) are harder to eradicate.

Back