A Judge with a Brain, finally

You need to explain mate.

An OAP accidentally killed a woman in a car park, allegedly by accelerating instead of braking.

Despite his GP presenting medical evidence on the significant harm likely to be befall the accused if imprisoned, the judge overruled it, and gave him a custodial sentence anyways.

The accused died within a fortnight of being sent to prison.

I can only assume the OP is on a wind-up, a sickening one though, to be sure.

An OAP accidentally killed a woman in a car park, allegedly by accelerating instead of braking.

Despite his GP presenting medical evidence on the significant harm likely to be befall the accused if imprisoned, the judge overruled it, and gave him a custodial sentence anyways.

Phew!!! This place man.
Got to be a wind up matey. Cheers.

So he was handed a death sentence for an accident.

The issue here is elderly drivers who shouldn't be driving. When I first started driving I had my foot slip on the peddles because my shoes were wet so I make sure my shoes are dry now. I mean he may have been an excellent driver as my father was but we took his car keys away when he was in his late 70s.

The issue here is elderly drivers who shouldn't be driving. When I first started driving I had my foot slip on the peddles because my shoes were wet so I make sure my shoes are dry now. I mean he may have been an excellent driver as my father was but we took his car keys away when he was in his late 70s.
Feet slip on pedals when wet all the time. The difference is probably that younger people can react quicker and rectify it before an accident occurs.

Exactly, the Judge ignored icredible medical advice and as warned, sent the man to his death.

Exactly, the Judge ignored icredible medical advice and as warned, sent the man to his death.

Given that the OAP in question doesn't appear to have maliciously ran someone down, and rather has just made a tragic fuck-up, I'm really curious why the judge took such a hard line. I'm sure there could be some circumstances not reported on, maybe he'd had several near misses already or something.

No winners here, lets not show ourselves up .

You would take mine from my cold dead hand 'daughter '.... I have always prided myself on my driving , if it started to slip ( to the degree i couldnt compensate by reasonable caution ) i would be the first to chuck the keys .

Last edited:
No winners here, lets not show ourselves up .

You would take mine from my cold dead hand 'daughter '.... I have always prided myself on my driving , if it started to slip ( to the degree i couldnt compensate by reasonable caution ) i would be the first to chuck the keys .
Maybe your not the correct person to be making that decision. This is how these things happen. Old age drivers who refuse to accept they are a danger

What would you call the tipping point for too old to be jailed there Frijj mate? I am 53 and I could do a Guinness and say I had dementia or a Weinstein and hobble into court on a zimmer frame. At what age do the elderly become exempt from criminal responsibility mate? Just so I am f***ing clear?

Back