A few call centre secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

The last two are right, everything else is pretty much made up.
Everything is true. Especially regular occurence for a manager to tell advisors to PAP (Pause And Prepare), which is put customers on hold with availability, get the manager over and have a look to see what to approach on.

As much as I hate call centres.... sounds like sour grapes from OP. Sacked for reading Daily Mail mate?
Just thought I would share like.

They are full of fanny gagging for it.
This is very true too.

I tried to cancel my 3 contract a few years ago and they hung up on me three times so I just cancelled my direct debit with two months still owing. I must have had about 50 calls off them trying to get the money back :lol: They threatened me with legal action which I told them I would have been more than happy with. They eventually gave up.

Everything is true. Especially regular occurence for a manager to tell advisors to PAP (Pause And Prepare), which is put customers on hold with availability, get the manager over and have a look to see what to approach on.
Didn't happen when I worked in one and I was there 9 year.

I used to just start speaking then hang up mid sentence if the person on the phone was a bell end or I didnt know how to fix their problem

Wasnt banking like was for EDF, got sacked after 6 month for not pushing enough sales :neutral:

Didn't happen when I worked in one and I was there 9 year.
That does happen like. You can put it one of two ways, look for something to sell or learn how to read accounts right to help them. On Friday I'm going to save somebody £300 a month on their mortgage by doing something that's straight forward, but you'd have to look at the bigger picture. An advisor being given enough time to read a balance won't spot it.

I tried to cancel my 3 contract a few years ago and they hung up on me three times so I just cancelled my direct debit with two months still owing. I must have had about 50 calls off them trying to get the money back :lol: They threatened me with legal action which I told them I would have been more than happy with. They eventually gave up.
I hope you've already got a mortgage or don't need anything that needs a credit check.

Here's a secret from a user of call centres. Be nice and you'll save yourself a truck load of hassle.

There'll be a lot of folk now who speak to callcentres like f***ing shit (as they do shopworkers/barmaids etc) then theyre astonished/disgusted when they dont receive a warm response.
Innit monkeytassle.

I hope you've already got a mortgage or don't need anything that needs a credit check.

Mortgage paid and no debt.

They said they'd employed a debt collector to retrieve the money. When I checked the company they'd supposedly employed it was part of 3 group :lol: I actually wanted to go to court so I could claim back the money I'd billed them for for all of my wasted time. I'd try to cancel the contract three times and they hung up on me. I was on for 45 minutes the final time and I even told the operator not to hang up on me. They did :evil: As far as I was concerned they were in breach of contract.

Love when our house phone rings as nobody of note calls us on it.

We'll answer and ask the caller to hold a minute and leave them to it

There'll be a lot of folk now who speak to callcentres like f***ing shit (as they do shopworkers/barmaids etc) then theyre astonished/disgusted when they dont receive a warm response.
Innit monkeytassle.

Correct, the thicker the spenk the more aggressive they are.

That Tassle cnunt is a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back