A few call centre secrets

Ceverton

Winger
Thought I would share stories and reveal some secrets you may not know.

I am not saying this is right at all, I am just going to show you what I have witnessed behind the scenes.....

- Managers tell advisors to put you on hold for them to rake through your account/service and try to identify something to sell to you. Wasting time out of your day. You may have rang up for a balance which should take 10 seconds but they put you on hold for 2 mins pretending system problems and then try to sell you a loan etc

- The less availability for a loan/rich you are determines who you get through to, whether its a lower ranked advisor or India etc

- People are regularly playing on their phones while talking to you, you just cant see it because its not face to face

- You get cut off regularly if making a complaint because they are heavily regulated by the bank, its best to hang up on someone early in a call than risk leaving footprints on a complaint which you can fail by simply not crossing an I or dotting a T kind of thing.

- Some workers are so crafty they can speak in a pattern that sounds like the reception is breaking up and almost going through a tunnel. This is used when a long conversation is going to be needed without chance of making a sale

- When wanting to speak to a manager, the actual person your speaking to is normally more clued up than the manager. The majority of managers are just there to do admin or try to sack/manage out employees on higher managers instructions

- Calls are sometimes so back to back with very little breaks allowed that many people will put you on hold making a 10 second task seem like a 5 minute one. Whilst on hold they read the daily mail with the task already complete whilst your sitting waiting

These are just a few things I have witnessed, some of the things I dare not even repeat

I am not saying this is right at all, I am just going to show you what I have witnessed behind the scenes.....

- Managers tell advisors to put you on hold for them to rake through your account/service and try to identify something to sell to you. Wasting time out of your day. You may have rang up for a balance which should take 10 seconds but they put you on hold for 2 mins pretending system problems and then try to sell you a loan etc

- The less availability for a loan/rich you are determines who you get through to, whether its a lower ranked advisor or India etc

- People are regularly playing on their phones while talking to you, you just cant see it because its not face to face

- You get cut off regularly if making a complaint because they are heavily regulated by the bank, its best to hang up on someone early in a call than risk leaving footprints on a complaint which you can fail by simply not crossing an I or dotting a T kind of thing.

- Some workers are so crafty they can speak in a pattern that sounds like the reception is breaking up and almost going through a tunnel. This is used when a long conversation is going to be needed without chance of making a sale

- When wanting to speak to a manager, the actual person your speaking to is normally more clued up than the manager. The majority of managers are just there to do admin or try to sack/manage out employees on higher managers instructions

- Calls are sometimes so back to back with very little breaks allowed that many people will put you on hold making a 10 second task seem like a 5 minute one. Whilst on hold they read the daily mail with the task already complete whilst your sitting waiting

These are just a few things I have witnessed, some of the things I dare not even repeat

How many times did people scream fuck off at you?

Isn't that the same in most lines of work..?

Thanks for sharing, hold on a second, I have just realised you are a bellend

What a totally sweeping statement to make. Did you witness these things working as a bank teleservice advisor?

The lack of understanding and empathy from some call centre numpties is ridiculous.

Three different individuals I spoke to yesterday at HMRC couldn't understand why I didn't know my earnings for the 2015/16 tax year. I'm self employed and under HMRC rules I have until 31/1/17 to submit my tax return for 2015/16 tax year you f***ing imbeciles.

These are just a few things I have witnessed, some of the things I dare not even repeat[/QUOTE]
Come on man.Please.

Back