A cautionary tale for upcoming clubs ...

Wolves haven't been though. It also affects pre season preparation and mid week preparation for weekend games. The big clubs are more used to it and obviously have deeper/better squads but chuck in an inexperienced club and they struggle. Burnley were all over the place last seaoan until they went out.
Has any team who are in that cup done better than or even as expected? Don't think anyone has tbh??

... and the difficulty of breaking into the elite.

Wolves are currently playing as if they're shot to pieces.

They're 2 points off bottom and, if they lose to Watford, could quite easily be going into October propping up the table.

After the way everyone was invited to marvel at their 'model' it's chilling to see how easily it can all fall apart.

Of course it's early days but it'll be hurting the Wolves supporters to be below a Villa side they thought they'd left behind ...

... happily a Villa side that can put Newcastle in the bottom 3 on Monday.
I'm pretty sure I was called out for saying the wolves model looks unsustainable earlier on this season

... and the difficulty of breaking into the elite.

Wolves are currently playing as if they're shot to pieces.

They're 2 points off bottom and, if they lose to Watford, could quite easily be going into October propping up the table.

After the way everyone was invited to marvel at their 'model' it's chilling to see how easily it can all fall apart.

Of course it's early days but it'll be hurting the Wolves supporters to be below a Villa side they thought they'd left behind ...

... happily a Villa side that can put Newcastle in the bottom 3 on Monday.
Uefa cup caused problems for both Burnley and Durham previously. Looks like it is doing the same for Wolves. Easy to get sidetracked from the wealth of the Premier League.

Wolves haven’t actually been that bad this season (apart from today), they’ve been one missed chance away from winning a couple of games they’ve drawn which they’d played well enough to win. I don’t think it’s down to the uefa cup personally but if this bad luck turns into a rut they could be in bother.

I can see a point arriving whereby clubs refuse to compete in anything but the PL.

Already some PL clubs blatantly thrown the domestic cups as being of no particular interest.

I can see a point arriving whereby clubs refuse to compete in anything but the PL.

Already some PL clubs blatantly thrown the domestic cups as being of no particular interest.
My pal was disgusted when his club, Burnley, put out a second string against us. But then we made 8 changes. For many fans this is crap as it is often the only chance they will ever get of a trophy.

My pal was disgusted when his club, Burnley, put out a second string against us. But then we made 8 changes. For many fans this is crap as it is often the only chance they will ever get of a trophy.

Is that trophy of any value then? If not why bother?

Back