A cashless society

Wonder what will happen with drug dealers in a cashless society.

Heard someone got caught as he was carrying a chip and pin around :lol:

That comes down to the retailer understanding their average customer card spends and picking the most appropriate deal, there are some which are much better for small transactions.

You are right, it’s trying to get a balance based on average transaction size and quantities, but if you have an average transaction of £50 you can easily lose 20% of your margin on a £5 transaction, hence why lots of people now have a minimum spend. There are lots of ways to try and help the situation and one of them is by educating your customers so they are aware of the issue.

Also depends on fiscal policy.

If government really want people to spend they’ll help the move towards a cashless society.

People will buy less overall as loads of people spend cash at small businesses that fiddle their books with cash sales. Pubs, corner shops, tradesmen, taxis, window cleaner, petrol stations, takeways, restaurants etc etc. If everything is cashless the prices will go up massively as the consumer needs to pay the VAT and the operators tax on income/profit

A bloke did a little bit of work in my garden on Friday. It was £30 and I supplied cash, it has its advantages and blokes like him aren't going to carry around card readers.

Bet he has a phone though, apps like Ping it, will become more common.

People will buy less overall as loads of people spend cash at small businesses that fiddle their books with cash sales. Pubs, corner shops, tradesmen, taxis, window cleaner, petrol stations, takeways, restaurants etc etc. If everything is cashless the prices will go up massively as the consumer needs to pay the VAT and the operators tax on income/profit

Everyones taxes might drop and services might improve if they start paying their share of tax though.

Cash will always be king, cards are fine, until the system falls over, same with fingerprint tech - I'd hate to be in a position of being out and about with no cash on me, maybe its an age thing

if we go down this route it will be exactly where the government want us !
there will be no more fiddles going on ! no cash in hand jobs etc.... every penny we earn will be taxed, as it ALL goes through our bank account !
#governmentheaven

Back